GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Xenon photos

hipstomper

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone have photos of the stock xenons on this car or know what temperature the bulbs are?? I'd like to see how white/purple they are. Thank you.

natonicGTI06

Go Kart Champion
go to mygarage and i think that there are one or to members on here that have it on a black cars

the_saint

Touring Car Champion
My guess is 4300-4500k.
Stock HIDs have really come down in 'temps' since their introduction from what I can tell. (I have no actual proof, just eyeball proof)
I have 6000k in my Mazda5 and the headlights in the GTI (nighttime test drive) looked almost like halogen headlights compared to my car's.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
im not too sure if mine are xenon ones.. but they got the vw logo on the front of the bulbs.. if that helps..?

davesee

FIA GT Champion
the_saint said:
My guess is 4300-4500k.
Stock HIDs have really come down in 'temps' since their introduction from what I can tell. (I have no actual proof, just eyeball proof)
I have 6000k in my Mazda5 and the headlights in the GTI (nighttime test drive) looked almost like halogen headlights compared to my car's.

Yeah the_saint.. stock hids are philips d2s 4300k bulbs

GTI2007

I think it does. With Xenon you see a lot more in front of you

Xenon reflects much more on the lines on the road and gives a higher light output (300% compared to halogen) and this with much lesser power usage (50%) which results in lesser fuel usage.

On the left you see a pic of a halogen headlight and on the right one of a xenon 6000 K headlight

Attachments

• halogeen.jpg
    halogeen.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 1,545
  • xenon_6000K.jpg
    xenon_6000K.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 1,541