GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vagcom question

P_layton

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
So when I bought the car someone already programmed it to use the fob with the windows.

Year ago I went to Unitronic's and received a tune. But my Windows weren't working with my fob. But my fogs were still my DRL.

Used my obd11 today.

Went into central electronics -> coding -> byte 3

And I noticed that everything was still set right for the windows to work with the fob....

What could be the issue

And also is there away to erase all codes that were entered with vcsd and go back to default?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Is this for your 09 GTI? If so you should be coding in [46] - Comfort

System.http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Golf/Jetta/Bora_(1K/5M)_Tweaks

[46] - Comfort System

Windows

Found in [Coding - 07] > Long Coding Helper

Windows up via remote Comfort Operation (via Remote Control)

## Uncheck the box for "Comfort function power windows/sunroof via remote control inactive"

## Check the box for "Comfort opening power windows via remote control active"

## Check the box for "Comfort closing power windows via remote control active"

## Check the box for "Closing sunroof via remote control active"

Notes:
## For some reason, VW does not allow the sunroof to be opened using the remote, only closed, despite the presence of a checkbox indication for that feature.

## When the additional "Comfort Function automatic Closing" bit is enabled in the coding the windows should automatically roll up after briefly holding the lock button on the remote.

P_layton

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Is this for your 09 GTI? If so you should be coding in [46] - Comfort

System.http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Golf/Jetta/Bora_(1K/5M)_Tweaks

[46] - Comfort System

Windows

Found in [Coding - 07] > Long Coding Helper

Windows up via remote Comfort Operation (via Remote Control)

## Uncheck the box for "Comfort function power windows/sunroof via remote control inactive"

## Check the box for "Comfort opening power windows via remote control active"

## Check the box for "Comfort closing power windows via remote control active"

## Check the box for "Closing sunroof via remote control active"

Notes:

## For some reason, VW does not allow the sunroof to be opened using the remote, only closed, despite the presence of a checkbox indication for that feature.

## When the additional "Comfort Function automatic Closing" bit is enabled in the coding the windows should automatically roll up after briefly holding the lock button on the remote.

Thank you for that. I was using the OBDelven. I couldn't read the bits.

P_layton

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Also just checked that code. Already knew that. Weird that it finally showed up. But back to knowing why my windows aren't being controlled

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Does Byte 7 read 3E? you may have the box for "Comfort function power windows/sunroof via remote control inactive" checked while all the others are checked, preventing it from working. Is your fob battery healthy? Are you standing close to the car when trying to roll the windows up/down while holding the button?

P_layton

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Does Byte 7 read 3E? you may have the box for "Comfort function power windows/sunroof via remote control inactive" checked while all the others are checked, preventing it from working. Is your fob battery healthy? Are you standing close to the car when trying to roll the windows up/down while holding the button?

Standing right beside the car. I am noticing my fob needs to be closer to the car now to work. (Battery is brand new and the fob works)

Followed these instructions on my obdeleven. Mine mimics the image.