GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Broken DV Replaced. (broken dv pics inside)

ar_mike

=D
First of all, a BIG thanks to Edwin for the assistance!!!

As some of you may have known, my dv has been suspected of being torn and that I've been losing boost. Edwin helped me do some tq/hp logs on the vagcom and I was just doing 170hp/190tq. Today, I got the newer revision "G" valve and replaced mine. Apparently, my old dv (revision "B") was actually torn more than I had expected lol. Here are some pics. With the vagcom readings after the install, I'm back up at 225tq/203hp. Feels like my car got 1/2 chipped from before now hahaha. Mind you, these hp/tq numbers are from the crank. =)

Notice the area circled red.

Mandatory needed are T25 torx and 5mm hex.
Suggested tools are different extensions/ratchets etc to reach the 3 bolts that holds the DV on.

krayzie

Go Kart Champion
I practically confirmed the findings on the following link with the dealer rats as they test fitted a "D" diverter valve onto a BPY TFSI engine weeks ago at the stealer:

http://briskoda.net/octavia-ii/new-oem-diverter-valve-2-0t/134674/

The "D" diverter valve is designed for the CCTA TSI engine and not the BPY TFSI engine, and rightfully so when you take both the "G" and the "D" diverter valves and examine their difference in design and notice the difference in creating a seal. Basically you will be constantly leaking boost and especially noticible at low rpm if you install the "D" diverter valve onto a BPY engine. The stroke of both valves also have different amounts of travel.

Mike's car got a CEL for "Boost Regulation Fault - Control Range Cannot Be Reached - Lower Limit Exceeded" when the DV teared. I initially thought it was the PCV but turns out that is not the case according to Vortex (sorry dude for that $100 bucks on the BSH PCV ^^;;).

On a side note, we also found thru Vagcom logging that an aftermarket intake and catback exhaust show no statistical gains compare to stock in terms of performance. So buy a downpipe and chip. :biggrin:

Last edited:

ar_mike

=D
haha no problem edwin, I was going to pick up the BSH stage1 nonetheless =P

GTI4John74

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I just called ECS Tuning and they said and confirmed that they never had any customers calling them of having issues with the "D" version of the DV.

Now this has raised a flag on me whether I should get the Forge or the D version of the DV.

krayzie

Go Kart Champion
You can get a "G" Diverter Valve for around 90 bucks at the dealership, and a little bit cheaper for a parallel import one at Precision Motorsports with the part number removed.

I still would not recommend a "D" Diverter Valve but anyways whatever floats your boat! :thumbsup:

Personally I would not go with the Forge mechanical DV either since it's too slow. It's not like VW never tried it on their 2.0T prototype, they abandoned it for this very reason. :wink:

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
a rev B!? jeeeeeeeeze. that's like a dinosaur. how'd it last this long anyway!!

and someone asked above so i'll answer:

a torn DV does not throw a CEL unless it's really torn. you have to exceed a certain amount of boost before it throws a light. you will probably have a DTC though, which vag com will pick up. you'll usually just see sluggish driving and bad gas mileage.

ar_mike

=D
haha yea...rev. "B"....my car has just passed 100,000kms a week ago~>....the car's from sept 05...the first batch of 2.0T jettas to reach Canada. I'm not chipped too so I guess i've been driving conservatively =P

ar_mike

=D
btw...i got the "G" valve at PrecisionTuning for $67.99...however as Edwin mentioned, it has the part number rubbed off.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
interesting... my mileage has gone to hell lately... I'm on a rev b or c in my 06 (original dv)... g going on this week, hopefully solves my problems! The lovely whistling I hear lately must have something to do with it too.... thought it was the new intake, but now I suspect the dv entirely.