GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Whats really different about an aluminum muffler? I need a couple universal mufflers anyway....

well for starters, its made out of aluminum. Cant really use them with a steel or stainless exhaust system. I'd probably be driving it to different shows, but that would be the extent of my "long drives". SOWO, H2Oi, euro hangar etc, assuming all the shows dont continue to get shittier and shittier with more scene kids attending

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
well for starters, its made out of aluminum. Cant really use them with a steel or stainless exhaust system. I'd probably be driving it to different shows, but that would be the extent of my "long drives". SOWO, H2Oi, euro hangar etc, assuming all the shows dont continue to get shittier and shittier with more scene kids attending

Yeah, but why aluminum exhaust at all? Its not THAT much lighter, cost so much more and need some one know who knows what they're doing to weld it up.

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
Yooooooo guys! Who all is still up in here? Hi Mark and eurocars(I forgot your name if I knew it at one time sorry)

Hope everyone is doing well. I am currently at work on a ship crossing the Pacific ocean from San Diego to Guam, that's going well as I have been made one of the captains. My bachelor party in Key West is in April woot!! and I'm getting married to the love of my life in May. Still have the s2000 but thinking about either putting it away or selling it, plan on either buying a 5th gen 4runner Trail Edition or a JK Unlimited Wrangler.

I'll check in later on, we are crossing the international date line tomorrow evening so I will be contacting yall from the future here shortly. Alright fellas peace!

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
oh and if you are coming to Savannah for the new "SOWO" this year, I will be getting married that same weekend so please keep it classy fellas, and be safe on the shitty roads and with the 5-0, they are strict in Savannah

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
oh and if you are coming to Savannah for the new "SOWO" this year, I will be getting married that same weekend so please keep it classy fellas, and be safe on the shitty roads and with the 5-0, they are strict in Savannah

Yup. This. Roads change to cobblestone randomly and without any notice.

live4something

Ready to race!
Don't get rid of it! Keep I and get a daily. You have roebling road right down the street. Done anything major since the last time you were around these parts?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
Yup. This. Roads change to cobblestone randomly and without any notice.
yea and most of those roads are challenging to static goers

What's going on Tom? I guess I'm an OG that's still here lol.
other than what I posted, not much really. how are you doing man?

Don't get rid of it! Keep I and get a daily. You have roebling road right down the street. Done anything major since the last time you were around these parts?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't remember what I posted in here last but the car is basically track prepped, gutted down with inspected roll bar and 5point harnesses with sparco buckets, still naturally aspirated with an intake, added a catch can. removed the diffuser i made because someone bumped into it while i was downtown one night and fucked it up. I want to keep it but I don't really have any space for it to be honest so I would have to put it in storage or something

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
also in addition to what has been already stated about the new SOWO in Savannah, they are advertising the race track as being usable, that is a flat out lie. It is a public road and golf course access road as of right now and heavily watched by the police. They have the concourse de elegance races on it every fall but even then, they shut the whole place down and then have the racetrack inspection people(name is escaping me right now) come down weeks before and inspect and condition the track for the races. I highly doubt that the people who run SOWO are gonna pay for that even if the golf course/westin/georgia ports authority allows them to get to that point in the first place.

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
already got a spot picked out to watch kids get stuck and troll people while we drink beers from my friends porch

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
already got a spot picked out to watch kids get stuck and troll people while we drink beers from my friends porch

Just curious as to where you're posting up for this haha

Pretty much why i'll be going to Helen instead of GA

Is this still a thing people want to do? I'd much rather just drive the couple hours up and spend a night in Helen without all the scene points being racked up.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
I don't own a vw or a cool car, so you don't have to worry about me.

Whats up Tom! Good seeing you, congrats on the engagement and being a sea captain. Yarrr