GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

O2 spacers...42DD or RAI?

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
Cannot get a response from 42DD as to whether or not they still make theirs...urotuning doesn't know when they will get more...so still waiting on availability.

Some of the angled 02 spacers look to be too tall...haven't measured the space available to compare though :iono:

I really want to get this done so I can see if the fueling pressure request increases or if I need to next get a new hpfp.

They do, I bought one a month ago.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Thanks Das Gespenst....I do need one permanently if it clears the code and allows the tune to request higher rail pressures. I'm not expecting it to change the fuel pressure at the rail, but GIAC needs to know because they think the low request is due to the code or the fuel pressure regulator on the hpfp. So again, I need to eliminate the code, see if the pressure request increases, and if not I need to replace the hpfp. If that doesn't fix the fueling... :iono:

I will get another type after I measure the clearance when I change the oil next week. :thumbsup:

GT0neX

NooB-Still Sucklin' Teat
Interested in this. The RAI one is intriguing because of the adjustability. It seems there's hit and miss results with these things and being able to adjust would be helpful. Since you're going to be down there measuring the car post back to see if the RAI "J" spacer works.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I will...the RAI looks to need 2-13/16" plus clearance enough to begin threading it in. I've read others have used this one and shouldn't find it to be a problem installing it. I'm just concerned about differences in DP designs and want to measure to be sure for that reason :thumbsup:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I ordered the angled O2 spacer...I do not expect it to eliminate the fault code and certainly do not expect it to allow higher rail pressure requests by the tune when done. Wish there were at least one out there having experienced this issue other than myself...always seems what happens to this mk5...only happens to it.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yes...
Giac wants me to get rid of the code because catless so they can see if my rail pressure request goes from 110 BAR to 140 BAR on my K04 HO tune. I don't think it will change, but they want me to do this...and then they may want me to replace my APR hpfp next if the O2 spacer doesn't work. I have cleared the codes and ran the data...all with the same 110 BAR results. My actual rail pressures are always above specified.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I just installed the new angled O2 spacer. I drove about and started it 5 times without the code reappearing. If this continues...I can check fuel data again to see if rail pressure request is finally 140 BAR instead of 110 BAR.

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Thank you...I do not need it if this $14 spacer continues to work. Both of my O2 sensors are new...and I've sarted the car a dozen times over the last two days w/o the code. Now I just need to check if rail pressure requests increased or not...tell GIAC...and see where they want to go from there for my next tune. I have K04 HO, but they said they could do something extra.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Did the log today and saw the rail pressure request go over 110 BAR...only it didn't go much above it and not until 6200 rpm :(

U.G.MKV

Stealth mode
Car(s)
2007 mkv
Thank you...I do not need it if this $14 spacer continues to work. Both of my O2 sensors are new...and I've sarted the car a dozen times over the last two days w/o the code. Now I just need to check if rail pressure requests increased or not...tell GIAC...and see where they want to go from there for my next tune. I have K04 HO, but they said they could do something extra.

BTW I just tested the RAI spacer on a non vw engine and they did not work the other engine I have with the o2 simulators is still running flawless for a week now. Just some food for thought.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Good stuff...I passed along your simulator link over in the UK forum because they were asking about if this worked out for me...so I reported it has been fixed but added your link as an option for them to look into as well.

The one I got was just $13.99usd from ebay w/o adjustable insert...just wide open. I suppose I lucked out with it working because I know it was iffy.