GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VAG-COM finder

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
from what i hear the problem with useing that data base...is that most of those people dont have the new CAN system we need for the MkV

Nurendra

Autocross Champion
Not true, if you look at the column all the way to the right labelled 'Offering' you can look for a listing with can-bus.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
hehe...i still stand by my statement....i just looked around my area and there is 1 and he/she is like 100 miles away...oh well...im not in any need for VAG-COm work just yet

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
isent VAG Com a boost controller system? o_O

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
wow its 3am and i just had a dream about this damn thread...now thats sad!

i meant to come on here and awnser the dying question of what is VAG-COM...well that my friends is our 'FAST'S' inner computer....naw just kidding...sorry like i said its 3am and i came on just to anwser this question

VAG-COM is a device that u connect to VAG cars(vw,audi ect.)through the OBD port to check out engine codes and other little tidbits of infomation...also with a VAG-COM u can enable things like Euro Taillights so u have a rear fog light....u can disable DRL's or change them to the foglights.....u can enable remote window operation with the key fob...things like that...there is a list either on here or on the Vortex that lists all the options that can be done on our cars...its a very useful tool to VW cars...lots of cool options

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Freek said:
wow its 3am and i just had a dream about this damn thread...now thats sad!

i meant to come on here and awnser the dying question of what is VAG-COM...well that my friends is our 'FAST'S' inner computer....naw just kidding...sorry like i said its 3am and i came on just to anwser this question

VAG-COM is a device that u connect to VAG cars(vw,audi ect.)through the OBD port to check out engine codes and other little tidbits of infomation...also with a VAG-COM u can enable things like Euro Taillights so u have a rear fog light....u can disable DRL's or change them to the foglights.....u can enable remote window operation with the key fob...things like that...there is a list either on here or on the Vortex that lists all the options that can be done on our cars...its a very useful tool to VW cars...lots of cool options

oo.. thank you :)

wrh3

Steve is shutting his VAG Tool Locator ( http://www.steve-hall.com/cgi-bin/VAG-Locator.pl ) down on 6/30/07 so I have decided to host it here:

http://www.vagcomlocator.com

The database allows for single or combination filter values so you can find the tool you are looking for in the area you live in, try the Search button or Extended Search.

The freebie database my host provides does not allow password protection at the the entry level so if you have any changes or updates please email me and I will try to turn requests around same day (as fast as my paying job allows )