GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

revo stg2 boosting too much???

lnghrngti

Ready to race!
Posted this on 'tex but no one is replying. Did some logs yesterday and settled with B5-T4-F9 since it wasn't pegging my N75. However, my actual boost is still peaking quite a bit higher than requested. Is this something to be worried about?

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
imo 24-25 psi seems a bit out of the "safe" zone so maybe dial down your boost and timing a bit more to see if you can get the curves to follow each other a bit more...those of us with the revo pump file are having the opposite problem. requested boost toward and at red line can not be met by actual.

lnghrngti

Ready to race!
Is there a reason why my car is boosting so aggresively even with a boost setting of 5?? The standard 93 tune is supposed to be 6, correct? I just find it odd that I'd have to bring my boost down to 4.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
Is there a reason why my car is boosting so aggresively even with a boost setting of 5?? The standard 93 tune is supposed to be 6, correct? I just find it odd that I'd have to bring my boost down to 4.

yes it is odd and I'm not sure what the cause is. but in the meantime, i'd just continue to lower your boost and timing settings down until you get in the more typical 21-23 psi range.

lnghrngti

Ready to race!
I'll give lowering the boost further a try. As far as my fuel setting... 0 is stock, the higher the number the leaner the tune. It's recommended leaving it at 9 unless you have an upgraded high pressure fuel pump.

lnghrngti

Ready to race!
Is it a possibility that my N75 is faulty and is making the turbo boost more than it should?

07Noside

Banned
Did you take a Baseline reading for your conversions or just do 1000- ?
Just Asking because it looks like your seeing about 14ish psi at 6k rpms and thats pretty high even if you were pegging the W/G. Otherwise then that if you have any other logs such as fueling and AFR I'd be curious in order to fuel that much pressure down low your stock pump would have to be doing an awesome job.

skateboy918

Ready to race!
i have revo stg 2 as well.

I am also peaking about 23-24psi based on my boost guage though I have not log it yet.