GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost controller

Onyxiant7

Does anyone know how I can reduce the boost on my turbo my mk5 is stock someone told me there's a way to reduce it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
It is normally done with tuning on our cars. You can use a boost controller.

Why do you want to reduce boost?

Luckydawg75

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Not sure I understand the motive, 10Lbs stock boost is all you get, dont understand why you bought a turbo car?

Onyxiant7

My car is over boosting I'm just tryin to reduce the boost and luckydawg75 I got me a turbo cuz I can buy w.e. I want lmao just want help man not criticism

Onyxiant7

When I punch it it pulls then it sounds like a rapid misfire but no check engine lite is on

Luckydawg75

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 GTI
My car is over boosting I'm just tryin to reduce the boost and luckydawg75 I got me a turbo cuz I can buy w.e. I want lmao just want help man not criticism

Not trying criticize, just trying to understand. Do you have a boost gauge, cause that will tell you if you are getting over boost. You can get turbo flutter, by the pressure getting released back into the turbo, after releasing the throttle. That will give a funny noise, like over spinning. Without a gauge it's hard to say if you are over boosting. If stock I doubt you are in over boost, due to the ecu.