GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tt-s brake master cylinder

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Anyone running the Tt-s brake master cylinder? Wondering if it's a direct fit or not. I know someone on the mk6 pages was but not sure if those differ in size to ours.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Anyone running the Tt-s brake master cylinder? Wondering if it's a direct fit or not. I know someone on the mk6 pages was but not sure if those differ in size to ours.

My car is under construction so I don't know about fitment for sure yet but I bought the HS Tuning RS3 master cylinder to go with the new Brembo system going in (18z front 4piston Brembo rear). According to HS it is a bolt - in. It does require a very light modification to your reservoir or you can buy it with a modified reservoir attached as I did. LINK

Last edited:

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I am planning to install a RS3/TTRS mc this weekend.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Is the RS3 and Ttrs the same? I read that the Tt-s was plug and play. Is the Ttrs master bigger than the Tt-s? I wonder how that will respond with the abs?

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
The TT-S MC is tbe same size as tbe .:R32 MC. TT-RS and RS3 are the biggest tbat will work in the gti booster.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
My car is under construction so I don't know about fitment for sure yet but I bought the HS Tuning RS3 master cylinder to go with the new Brembo system going in (18z front 4piston Brembo rear). According to HS it is a bolt - in. It does require a very light modification to your reservoir or you can buy it with a modified reservoir attached as I did. LINK
Good looking out with the link. I'm curious to know if anyone has done it and how well it worked out for them

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I was running 17z front calipers and stock rear, pedal feel was great and seemed like factory. I was concerned that installing a RS3/TT-RS MC would make the pedal too stiff and reduce the ability to modulate the brakes.

Today I installed .:R rear brakes and my pedal is mushy and has excessive travel. I may try to bleed them again but I passed 1L through the rear calipers @15psi via a motive power bleeder and saw no bubbles.

I will install the RS3 MC tomorrow or Tuesday evening, parts I am using:

Master Cylinder 8J1-611-021-E
Stud 8J0-614-783
Master Cylinder Seal 1J0-611-243
Audi TT MC reservoir (Salvage, dunno the part number offhand)

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Just installed the TT-RS/RS3 master cylinder. Pedal feel is great, a little on the stiff side and tighter pedal than ideal. I guess if you are going to track the car having a bit more capacity will be needed if you get the fluid hot and the TT-RS/RS3 master cylinder is preferable over the .:R.

Install was similar to the DIY on pelican parts, had to pull tank off to get to bolts so it was a bit out of order.

Be sure to bleed your clutch and do a vcds ABS fluid cycle while you are there, the lines on my car had fresher fluid in but the clutch and ABS had nasty fluid in them.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Just installed the TT-RS/RS3 master cylinder. Pedal feel is great, a little on the stiff side and tighter pedal than ideal. I guess if you are going to track the car having a bit more capacity will be needed if you get the fluid hot and the TT-RS/RS3 master cylinder is preferable over the .:R.

Install was similar to the DIY on pelican parts, had to pull tank off to get to bolts so it was a bit out of order.

Be sure to bleed your clutch and do a vcds ABS fluid cycle while you are there, the lines on my car had fresher fluid in but the clutch and ABS had nasty fluid in them.

Good to hear this does make a difference.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Yeah, thanks for the info. Don't have to bleed the clutch here. Thank God

Last edited:

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Have **