GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf modifications!

thebolt

Golf Life
Car(s)
Golf mkV Sportline
To all fellow FSI drivers(or gti or any kind of petrol) i have a question!
Now that question would actually be maybe for someone more expirianced with cars in general!
I have an 1.6 fsi and i would like to start doing some mods!
The question is about the Catalytic Converter!
Would you reccoment the removal of it?
That would be my first step to a bit more power and a better sound!
And please dont reccomend me to buy a sport exhaust becouse if i had money for it i would!
Thank you!

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
If you are just looking for a bit more power, deleting the cat will not net you much in the gains department. It will also make passing inspection much more difficult and without a tune will throw a check engine light. Not the path you want to go down. Honestly your best bet is to save up some money and start with a stage 1 tune. Requires no hardware, will give you some decent gains won't mess with you when inspection time comes, etc. I know you don't have money and want power now, but unfortunately those two don't go hand in hand.

thebolt

Golf Life
Car(s)
Golf mkV Sportline
If you are just looking for a bit more power, deleting the cat will not net you much in the gains department. It will also make passing inspection much more difficult and without a tune will throw a check engine light. Not the path you want to go down. Honestly your best bet is to save up some money and start with a stage 1 tune. Requires no hardware, will give you some decent gains won't mess with you when inspection time comes, etc. I know you don't have money and want power now, but unfortunately those two don't go hand in hand.

And what about the sound it-self??