GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2008 FSI GTI REVO Stage 1 thoughts and questions..

UnitedGrayMK5

Passed Driver's Ed
As a birthday gift to myself, I decided to get my car flashed to stage 1, considering both my buddies with stage 1 mk5's gap me even though I have dsg. They talked me into the flash... friends right? haha

The day of the flash I was uber excited, I chose revo because I see all over that their tunes are more aggressive than apr. I got in the car after my flash and didn't feel much of a difference.

The second day having the tune both my buddies agreed my car is not pulling half as hard as it should be. I was upset and called the shop to see if they accidentally gave me a DSG tune. They said they updated my OE Software and then flashed me to revo stage 1 setting boost at 6 timing at 1.

I've been doing research but its hard to find a solid answer on this. So my question is: Do our ECU's need to adapt to the new parameters of the tune? some say yes some say no.
Overtime i hop in my car i let it idle for 5 min before driving, then start my drive in manual mode to make sure i go 1 to 6 and back to 1.

After 1 gas tank and about 75 miles into post-tune, I feel somewhat of a difference in power, it pulls a little harder in 2nd and 3rd... Have other people experienced and "adaptation" period after getting flashed?

p.s. Cheers to 20, finally out of the teens! woo:thumbsup:

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
As a birthday gift to myself, I decided to get my car flashed to stage 1, considering both my buddies with stage 1 mk5's gap me even though I have dsg. They talked me into the flash... friends right? haha

The day of the flash I was uber excited, I chose revo because I see all over that their tunes are more aggressive than apr. I got in the car after my flash and didn't feel much of a difference.

The second day having the tune both my buddies agreed my car is not pulling half as hard as it should be. I was upset and called the shop to see if they accidentally gave me a DSG tune. They said they updated my OE Software and then flashed me to revo stage 1 setting boost at 6 timing at 1.

I've been doing research but its hard to find a solid answer on this. So my question is: Do our ECU's need to adapt to the new parameters of the tune? some say yes some say no.
Overtime i hop in my car i let it idle for 5 min before driving, then start my drive in manual mode to make sure i go 1 to 6 and back to 1.

After 1 gas tank and about 75 miles into post-tune, I feel somewhat of a difference in power, it pulls a little harder in 2nd and 3rd... Have other people experienced and "adaptation" period after getting flashed?

p.s. Cheers to 20, finally out of the teens! woo:thumbsup:

It should be a pretty big night and day difference. I'd stop by the shop and have them confirm the correct tune was flashed.

UnitedGrayMK5

Passed Driver's Ed
So I had a piston style dv already, but figured eh since i took it out might as well just chuck the new one in there anyway. Don't see any leaks in the PCV, car idles fine as well. Called the shop owner and he said the tech had reported that my car was running great and wanted to spin tires through second.
Today whilst boosting a little next to a wall a noticed a hiss that isn't quite a turbo hiss, it was a little lower pitch... I'm now wondering if I have a leaky charge pipe, I only hear the noise on boost. I can definitely feel a difference in power, but it still feels a little sluggish, maybe the DSG is less responsive to a manual. So heres my thoughts:
1. Could be just me being stupid and thinking its slow
2. Could be leaky charge pipe
3. As far as i know my mechatronics has never been reset, maybe I need to do an adaptation reset on my dsg...