GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project ultimate daily. Build #2

live4something

Ready to race!
I want the controller in the cabin. Had a buddy of mine running the DO kit and the controller faulted out to 100% spray at all times. Almost hydrolocked the motor, only reason he saved it was he saw the lights on the controller indicating it was at full spray. I'll be running a seperate power switch for the water meth setup so I can not only monitor but also shut the entire system down without having to turn the car off. I like keeping auxiliary systems seperate from the cars main systems.

I was planning on mounting the pump somewhere either on the frame or in the engine bay. Do you have a link to this bracket from BSH? Don't see why I couldn't just use some steel brackets from Home Depot but if there's a nicer solution I'm all for it.
I haven't had an issue with the snow controller where it is in the bay

https://bshspeedshop.com/product/bsh-water-meth-pump-bracket/

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I want the controller in the cabin. Had a buddy of mine running the DO kit and the controller faulted out to 100% spray at all times.

If a check valve fails, you could have the same thing happen due to vacuum pressure FYI.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Well, still at it lol. Have such a love hate relationship with this car, if it weren't for all the stupid little things (I never had to deal with in my 06) it would be perfect. But alas, the constant struggle continues.

BS aside I'm still modding it and do still love it. Most recent purchase is the hood bra. Absolutely love it and got it off a Facebook page for $40 brand new.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Been having some audio issues. At "higher" volumes the sound will cut out during punchy bass or high notes. Turn it down a little and it goes away, so I'm suspecting the internal amp is going out. I love this head unit so I'm going to add a 4 channel amp for the speakers and bypass the internal amp. Hoping this will joy only solve my clipping issue but also improve sound a little bit and give me a louder system. I'm partially deaf and this thing never got loud enough for me, so as long as this fixes my issue I'll be very happy.

Side note, dealer said the noise I'm hearing in the front end is the splines on the axles and hubs going out. Not sure if I totally buy this, but seeing as how I've replaced everything else I might as well do new axles and hubs. Oh the joys of caring waaaaaay too much about your car.

JCJetta

I went all out with my previous MKV on the audio system, it was the best sound quality setup I ever had in any of my vehicles and I do miss it. Granted, audio is my biggest enthusiast passion.

I've been slightly considering doing at least new front speakers and a head unit (on a dedicated amp I took out from my other car). You'd be welcome to have the OEM amp if you wanted it. I think it is located under the passenger seat.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
So I finally had to swap to my winter tires, since the TSW's are the only wheels I have that clear the Porsche brakes I had to swap tires onto them. However, while swapping tires around I noticed something weird. The lug bolts were sitting at a different depth in the lug holes on the wheels on one wheel. Ended up really looking into this and found..... 3 of my wheels match, one is a random lol. 3 are 17x8 et45 the odd one is 17x8 et35.... not entirely sure how this happened. It gets weirder from here. So I've been battling a front end noise (dumped thousands trying to figure it out) and magically since swapping to the winter tires and moving the odd offset wheel to the back it appears all of the front end noise is gone. Trying to figure out how/why having two different offsets up front would cause so much chassis noise. Consider me baffled.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Still on the audio kick lol. Finally getting rid of my Kicker dual 10s. Loved the system but it's just too big and bulky for a hatch back, had literally no trunk. So I just traded for a nice custom sidemouny setup. Pretty excited, just ran to the hardware store to get hardware needed.

Carpet isn't a perfect match but it's close enough for me.

Mk5SilverBullet

I've thought about putting my amp in that spot, but it concerns me it'll get too hot. I'm really digging the install, it looks nice tucked away on the side like that!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
I've been wondering if I should get one of those for my car or another under-floor set up like in the gti. Also, My amp is mounted in a similar spot, just on the opposite side. Haven't had any problems overheating or anything but it's only running a shallow 10in sub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Well the 42DD turbo back officially bit the dust. The tips fell off about 2 months ago and a huge section of the catback fell off while my wife was driving home on Thursday. I have to say it was and is my favorite sounding exhaust on these cars but man is it a crap material. Buddy happened to have a full CTS turbo back I picked up for a good deal this morning. Took it for a drive to burn the PB blaster off and it is so quite. One of the most tame turboback I've heard next to the Eurojet. It is more conducive to a daily, just no where near as loud and throaty.

Last edited: