GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help weried boost problem and idel

Mjbmkv098

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Gti
So went out Mexico last night and did a dig and a couple rolls and first and second gear was pushing 25lbs of boost then switch into 3 felt the lost of power and was only running 18 then switch to 4th and went back to 25 any idea what it could be did it a couple times the past week

Video of boost problem https://youtu.be/Se73JDCLdUs

Idel problem when coming to a stop the engine is basicilly surging it revs up to like 1100 goes down then to 1500 goes back down and it will do it for about 30 seconds then stop plzzzz help will post vids if I can catch it on camera it has done it befor and just went away so didt think nothing of it now it started again

Last edited:

larcic

Ready to race!
Vac leak. check your dv and pcv check brake booster hoses for cracks. check all charge lines for leaks(oil is a good indicator of a leak)

S3 Freak

Passed Driver's Ed
Also have issues with my revs, when I rev the car when stationary (not past 3000 rpm) it drops to 500 then and almost stalls then revs back up to idle... DSG

Mjbmkv098

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Gti
Manual. The idel problem is every know then same as the boost ready post a video to show the boost problem can't ever catch the idel problem on camera