GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Epc need help ASAP!!!!

Salvy09

Was driving and the epc light came on and car turned off!!! Can't get it to turn on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Was driving and the epc light came on and car turned off!!! Can't get it to turn on

check fuses - might have lost one for fuel pump - it would be in the panel that is in the engine compartment I believe
make sure coil packs are seated

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
SB6 would be for fuel pump

SB40 and SB43 are for ignition coils

Other possibility is battery could be run down, try jumping.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
They're all good

And according to your other post you changed out A1 in the diagram - ECM relay.

As you probably saw on the Ross-Tech page they have noted that a power wire going to ECM could be broken, typically within 18in of ECM. Not sure if you are equipped to look for and check the wire for power.

From Ross-Tech

Special Notes
When found in a 2005 through 2007 2.5L NAR (North American Region) (1K) Jetta check the T121/62 (Red/Black) traced power wire to the ECM. If power is missing or a voltage drop is present that wire may be damaged anywhere between 6" and 18" from the connector itself. This will result in no communication in addition to a no-start.
Based on 2.5L Jetta feedback over the years a majority look like this example however some are damaged further away per this example: with the close-up and distant views. Link to pic

josh.042

My GTI did that and I have no compression! So hopefully it doesn't sound like a wine up toy!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Salvy09

My GTI did that and I have no compression! So hopefully it doesn't sound like a wine up toy!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Are you serious?? That's what mind sounds like!!! I changed the EPC nothing