GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Input on brakes for gti with f/r b6 spindles

tj1393

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello everyone. I just did a full drivetrain rebuild on my 07 Mkv gti. Replaced all bushings front and rear with superpro poly, superpro control arms and anti lift kit as well as b6 Passat front and rear spindles/knuckles. I also intended to powdercoat my calipers but had issues with the rears and couldn't get them apart nor the parts for replacement if I could get the rubber in back of caliper apart. So I purchased powerstop brake calipers front and rear and what a damn nightmare! I'll never buy anything from this company again. First, the red finish was terrible, looked worse than my oem 10 year old calipers. Second, I decided to try them anyways and one of the bleeder screws decided to pop out during bleeding bringing all the threads with it.

So I am in need of caliper ideas. Front Passat spindles are exactly the same as well as caliper carriers, except longer bolts/nuts. The rear however I had to use Passat rear caliper carriers so oem gti options in rear aren't an option. I was planning to just buy new oem calipers this time but really, for the money Id like to upgrade to something better. Fronts have lots of options, can't decide but the rears I am at a loss. Nothing really seems to fit. I've already spent a fortune for my drivetrain rebuild, new billet 034 motormounts, dogbone billet as well as their dogbone puck mount pair. New ss brake lines, clutch line, billet bleeder, raxles performance axles, new rotors and pads (which is what is making it hard because I already spent the money on rotors, pads and lines for oem set up). I'm sure lots more upgrades I've done over the last 3 months I've been waiting on ecs shipping stating "will ship this day or within 2 days of order" 3 months later things finally arriving... so any ideas? Otherwise I'll just fork over for oem kits atleast for the rear and maybe think of doing something cost effective up front. Thanks.

MaysEffect

Hill Climb Noob
Car(s)
R32
Stoptech 328mm brake kit is the best option IMO for the price.

Other than this, you can piece together a TTRS brake caliper kit and use an adapter to use the R32 345mm rotor.

https://www.vagbremtechnic.com/
The entire TTRS kit can be found here. You can probably find used TTRS calipers online for cheaper.