GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: BoardSnow6's PCV Solution

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Most people just remove the valve in the rear PCV to eliminate the "Purr" or "Putting" noise. I plan on removing the valve on mine since I don't like the noise as it sounds like an exhaust leak to me.

BoardSnow6

Banned
Car(s)
Capita Scaremaster
Not a stupid question at all actually.

And thats why I want to remove the other half of the pcv. Im vatless and just have visual inspections in my county. I may run it to the exhaust post o2 sensor, but the exhaust pressure may back-up the system, so im most likely going to run it under the car to dump.

Cbus mkv

Lowcally Famous
another stupid question, after reading all this still confused. i have a forge catch can, what if i take out the can, make the hoses longer to go under my car and just dump all that shit to the streets. Possible?

Nitro605

605 AA/FC
another stupid question, after reading all this still confused. i have a forge catch can, what if i take out the can, make the hoses longer to go under my car and just dump all that shit to the streets. Possible?

Do you want that stuff being sprayed all over the back of your car? If you have a catch can i don't think i would get rid of it.

BoardSnow6

Banned
Car(s)
Capita Scaremaster
That "stuff" isn't as much of a spray as a vapor. By time it would get to the end of the hose midway under the car it would be condensed to a liquid and just drip out.