GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cold air intake part?

alex.s44014

Does anybody know what that part number is (the one circled in blue) I need to get my smog done and my Gti had a "eBay" air intake in without a sticker so I have to go back to the oem air duct. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion

Does anybody know what that part number is (the one circled in blue) I need to get my smog done and my Gti had a "eBay" air intake in without a sticker so I have to go back to the oem air duct. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just run to your local autoparts store, ACE Hardware, Home Depot, etc and get a hose clamp. No need for the stupid spring clamp. Just make sure you get one that's the correct diameter.

YBRmuggsLP21

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah, a hose clamp definitely works. I had the spring clamp available when I switched back to the OEM intake, but still chose to use a hose clamp instead. They're just easier to manage/work with.

mk5fanatic

Car(s)
GTI
They nail you that hard with intakes in your area? Damn that must be annoying but yea i would just get a normal clamp that can be tighten or loosened with a Flathead screwdriver (forgot the name of them) Those spring clamps will cost more and do nothing else and cannot be used anywhere else

Just my .02