GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 GTI steering wheel in Mk5 - help!

sdmcoupe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
My issues were resolved by properly reprogramming the new steering wheel via vagcom and resolving the airbag error with the 2.7ohm resistor solution.

I'm not completely out of the woods, though. I have cruise control working fine, but i'm unable to switch APR programs. APR is currently assisting me with this.

cencalmk7

Ready to race!
My issues were resolved by properly reprogramming the new steering wheel via vagcom and resolving the airbag error with the 2.7ohm resistor solution.

I'm not completely out of the woods, though. I have cruise control working fine, but i'm unable to switch APR programs. APR is currently assisting me with this.

So how did you get the MK6 airbag harness to plug into the clock spring?
On my 2006, it won't fit, and to replace the clockspring I was going to replace the entire wiper stalk, but that made me take the lock cylinder out and it was too much trouble.

Did you replace the clock spring as well for it to connect?

cencalmk7

Ready to race!
yes, new clock spring and cruise control stalk were required.

Which revision clock spring did you use? The new cruise control stalk I bought had the entire plastic thing that connects both sides and the clock spring...but the clock spring wouldn't fit the old plastic.

Was it 1K0959653C?

cencalmk7

Ready to race!
1K0 959 653 C

cruise control stalk: 1K0 953 519 H

How did you program with VAGCOM? Lost power steering even though I switched the SWCM.

Just missing the single stalk cruise control and 2.7ohm airbag stage trick

Steering adaptation? If so, have any link how to do it?? I followed 1 DIY and it didn't fix it

sdmcoupe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
Recently added Connects2 CTSVW002.2 & Pioneer Patch Lead Steering Wheel Stalk Control and now all the buttons on the MK6 steering wheel work with my pioneer 8200nex receiver. Absolutely fantastic upgrade.