GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So I bought another German car...

Corgon

Ready to race!
You're referring to the suspension? Can't imagine it being the wheels or the grille...

I didn't spend the extra $ on the adjustable suspension. What do you suggest if I'm looking to lower the car about an inch or so?

I personally wouldn't touch the suspension. You bought an M car. If you wanted to fiddle with a BMW why not just go for a normal 3 series? You're paying a lot of money for development that you're going to throw away with a cheap suspension kit. Also regarding VMR wheels, they're cheap, gravity cast wheels. I understand they may be great to the community but again, you're throwing incredible, light weight wheels for heavier, weaker wheels.

I don't want to tell you what to do with your car, it's your money. Just realize that this car is engineered extremely well (or else it wouldn't me an ///M) and if you don't have the money to do the modifications right, I wouldn't do them at all.

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
I personally wouldn't touch the suspension. You bought an M car. If you wanted to fiddle with a BMW why not just go for a normal 3 series? You're paying a lot of money for development that you're going to throw away with a cheap suspension kit. Also regarding VMR wheels, they're cheap, gravity cast wheels. I understand they may be great to the community but again, you're throwing incredible, light weight wheels for heavier, weaker wheels.

I don't want to tell you what to do with your car, it's your money. Just realize that this car is engineered extremely well (or else it wouldn't me an ///M) and if you don't have the money to do the modifications right, I wouldn't do them at all.

this guy right here

:thumbsup:

dont stance *** this

.:R32D2

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32

Of course you can't tell me what to do with my money but I DO appreciate the input :thumbup:

I'm entirely new to BMW so it's not like I worked my way up to an M series.
I'm going based on what I know about cars and what I like on them but you're right this is an entirely different machine and it is engineered to live up to the M badging.

So thank you. I'm trying to figure this car out before I take delivery of it!

Vash

Passed Driver's Ed
Someone suggested ED. I highly recommend that you do this. You've ordered the car, now would be the time to do it, may not get this opportunity again. I picked up my C63 coupe via ED. You get the car at invoice and can also take advantage of any incentives that may be available. Buy a ticket and get one free (so someone can go with you). Taxi vouchers so that you can get around (for free) until you've picked up your car. They also pay to have your car shipped here (it was around $3k from Germany to Newport Beach). There was a lot more, BMW's ED program is very similar. Trust me, breaking your car in on the autobahn is how it should be done. Aside from that, Germany is a beautiful country, the people are awesome, and there is so much to do and see. Call the dealer and set this up ASAP! You have to go to Hofbrauhaus, cruise the Black Forest (check out the castles there), and run the 'Ring.

I went with my wife, our eldest son (have had two more since), and took two of her sisters (we went to France also, figured the girls would love the experience).

Congrats on the car!:w00t:

.:R32D2

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
Someone suggested ED. I highly recommend that you do this. You've ordered the car, now would be the time to do it, may not get this opportunity again. I picked up my C63 coupe via ED. You get the car at invoice and can also take advantage of any incentives that may be available. Buy a ticket and get one free (so someone can go with you). Taxi vouchers so that you can get around (for free) until you've picked up your car. They also pay to have your car shipped here (it was around $3k from Germany to Newport Beach). There was a lot more, BMW's ED program is very similar. Trust me, breaking your car in on the autobahn is how it should be done. Aside from that, Germany is a beautiful country, the people are awesome, and there is so much to do and see. Call the dealer and set this up ASAP! You have to go to Hofbrauhaus, cruise the Black Forest (check out the castles there), and run the 'Ring.

I went with my wife, our eldest son (have had two more since), and took two of her sisters (we went to France also, figured the girls would love the experience).

Congrats on the car!:w00t:

WOW I haven't been on here in 2 months!? Work has had me consumed. Speaking of work, THAT is the reason I wasn't able to do the ED. I know what you mean and I totally get you. It would have been awesome but I'm a UPS driver at the bottom of the seniority list. NO WAY IN HELL I could have gotten time off. My vacations don't kick in till May so I was screwed. But with bad news aside, my car is on a boat and literally a week from docking in my state. Cannot wait.