GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CAN Gateway Upgrade - Now nothing works!

remigi

Ready to race!
Hi All

I am in the process of upgrading to a RCD510 on my 2005 MKV GTI and therefore also upgrading the CAN Gateway.

Current Gateway:
Part No: 1K0 907 530 E (1K0907530E)

New CAN Gateway I purchased off eBay:
Part No: 7N0907530AA
URL: VW CAN BUS Gateway RNS510 RCD510 RNS315 RNS310 7N0907530AA Latest Version | eBay

I followed the instructions on my-gti.com (CAN bus gateway removing, installing and upgrading – Volkswagen Golf | my-gti.com I took screenshots of all my current configurations and then proceeded to swap out the gateway. Once I swapped it out, I tried to re-code the new gateway; however, one of the options was missing and once I re-coded I got hundreds of errors and my fog lights no longer worked (Only thing I immediately noticed).

I used the "Installation List" to re-code the new gateway, one of the options was missing. I then went to the long coding to try and see if I could manually re-enter the long code; however, there are no options at all, everything is missing...

Please see pictures:

Current Gateway Install List:

New Gateway Install List (Notice 00: Steering Angle is Missing):

Current Gateway Long Coding:

New Gateway Long Coding - All Missing:
1. ->

2. ->

2. ->

benough

Torque to me
Car(s)
Golf GT Sport
This is strange.

One thing I have noticed about the gateway you bought, is that the HW number doesn't match your original gateway.

I bought a 2011 Gateway, and even though the software number was different, the HW number was the same.

Don't take what I say as gospel, it's just my observation.

remigi

Ready to race!
This is strange.

One thing I have noticed about the gateway you bought, is that the HW number doesn't match your original gateway.

I bought a 2011 Gateway, and even though the software number was different, the HW number was the same.

Don't take what I say as gospel, it's just my observation.

Hmmm, thats very strange... Yeah my hardware version is 7N0 907 530G

remigi

Ready to race!
If you were in Sydney, I'd lend you my spare on in the pic to test.

Hey Mate

Would you be willing to let me try it and if it works I will purchase it off you? (what price are you after?)

PS: This could be the problem, I have had another look on eBay and most of them for Golf seem to be 1k... not sure what i got..

Thanks

Remi