GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whiteline Front Anti-Lift/Caster Kit now in stock

gmc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2014 Golf R

As the photos show, some very nice bling to add to your undercarriage from Whiteline. We'll be fitting a set to the GC Corp GTI in the next couple of weeks.

Whiteline Anti-Lift/Caster Kit (Front) - VW Golf MKV/Jetta MKIV IK

Suits:
VW Golf MKV
VW Jetta MKV
VW Passat MKVI

The Whiteline Anti-Lift/Caster Kit is designed to increase the positive static caster setting by up to +0.5 degree of both front wheels, while at the same time modifying the front anti-dive and lift geometry. The low compliance bush also maintains higher dynamic positive caster resulting in improved front end grip and steering feedback.

Price: $220 inc GST

Hilton_K

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI
:thumbup:

Wheel alignment required once fitted or is it and D.I.Y mod?

gmc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2014 Golf R
It will require a wheel alignment as the caster angle changes. You'll need a press to take the stock bush off the control arm according to the instruction sheet.

Hilton_K

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Okies so that's a definate trip to a suspension place :smile:

Vagabond

Great Teutonic Invention
Car(s)
2009 S3 Sportback
Any disadvantages to the caster kit?

NVH or premature bearing or suspension wear?

Certainly sounds like a good and cost-effective mod.

gmc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2014 Golf R
From our experiences with other vehicles using Whiteline's caster/anti-lift kits, these can only make things better. From studying the construction of the units, they look extremely study with OEM like construction. The bush itself has small voids cast into it so it will allow a limited amount of flex and compression which should keep things fairly compliant and quiet.

Better front end grip and steering feel is usually experienced from this type of modification. Once we've got them fitted, I'm sure that some of the guys will be keen to try them out during one of our regular GTGs.

funky_chilli

Go Kart Champion
From our experiences with other vehicles using Whiteline's caster/anti-lift kits, these can only make things better. From studying the construction of the units, they look extremely study with OEM like construction. The bush itself has small voids cast into it so it will allow a limited amount of flex and compression which should keep things fairly compliant and quiet.

Better front end grip and steering feel is usually experienced from this type of modification. Once we've got them fitted, I'm sure that some of the guys will be keen to try them out during one of our regular GTGs.

excuse the noobness but what does a caster/anti-lift kit do?
what does it stop from lifting? :)

Hilton_K

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Stops the nose of the car from lifting during acceleration, leaving more weight over the front tires :wink:

Mate had his WRX fitted with a whiteline A.L.K and it made quite an improvement on take off and corner exit acceleration with the car being more stable and less likely to spin the front wheels.

Capercat

It's a chuck-about
Lift was massively reduced when I switched to coilovers.

I would imagine the ride would be a little harsher, but that's just my imagination.

funky_chilli

Go Kart Champion
Stops the nose of the car from lifting during acceleration, leaving more weight over the front tires :wink:

Mate had his WRX fitted with a whiteline A.L.K and it made quite an improvement on take off and corner exit acceleration with the car being more stable and less likely to spin the front wheels.

thanks for the explanation
only experience i've ever had with an anti-lift kit was also a mate with a subaru and he told me what it did years ago but i couldn't remember! haha
i was watching gti's launching on youtube the other nite and was thinking that on hard acceleration that the front lifts a fair bit! now i know how to reduce that! :thumbsup:

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Bump..

Anyone have a review for the anti-lift kit on their MKV? There's a thread going on in the suspension forum and I figured you guys might know best. :wink:

Hilton_K

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI
I have the kit installed. Got it done at the same time as my sway bars, this is what I wrote about them....

I have just recently installed H&R sway bars and the Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit (ALK) to my GTI. Still retaining the stock springs and shocks.

ALK: 7/10

Made a noticable change to the amount of weight transfer that the car has whilst accelerating hard, ie puching it in second gear or accelerating out of a low to mid speed corner. The nose of the car doesn't want to pick up at all, kit also adds 0.5 degrees of static caster to aid turn in.

For those with coilovers or shock/spring combo's this is probably not needed but to those like me who are keeping the stock shocks and springs I would recommend the A-LK

Sway Bars: 8.5/10
I went with the smaller H&R set. This is a great upgrade and a definate must have!! Car corners very flat and changes direction with very minimal body roll, great for throwing the car around in the corners. Only thing I was a little disappointed in was the turn in response. It didn't change as much as I was hoping but it is still a good improvement over stock, getting a larger rear bar would help this but would also bring on oversteer something I wasn't really after, more of a neutral car person when it comes to FWD's.

In the end I am happy with the results of these upgrades.

Thanks to GMC for the Anti-Lift Kit and great customer service.

POLARBEAR666

Ready to race!
Some more info from whiteline here.

Thanks for trying to help me. Already seen that. Unfortunately it gives no indication of how long it should take to fit it or what needs to be done to fit it.

I don't think I will bother getting this item if it is a 4 Hours of labor type thing. Which would add up to $300 plus at my suspension place!