GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cops are tops

iluvbrownale

White Lightning
No really, cops are tops. Went for a Nash Dash (drive through the Royal National Park for all you non sydneysiders) this morning. Came round a tight one as Hwy Patrol came the other way.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

obviously i wasn't exactly going 20 km/h either. They turned round, caught up as i was now driving like an RTA instructor and pulled me over a couple of kays up the road.

Liberal dose of discretion and polite 'be careful, that's all', an appreciation for the GTI and it's handling characteristics and i was on my way.

Anyone else seen "five-o" in there before? Deer i can handle, highway patrol I can't...

mike20t

Shaved Burger
Yes mate.

Sutherland cops make a point of doing a few laps in the morning, EVERY morning. I would know considering a good mate is one of them :)

I used to catch the Bundeena Ferry to school every morning. A Highway cop would always come down to the wharf every single morning. It was part of his "routine".

They know the road better than any of us. They know where to sit. They can hear you LONG before you come into view. Seriously. Get out of your car in the morning. Turn your car off and hear nature around you. You will hear a car coming a couple of minutes sometimes before it gets to you. Through the twisties is OK. He wouldnt of booked you due to probably not getting a proper radar contact on you. In the long sections in between Garie and Bundeena turnoff, be careful. Never speed there :)

I bet one day they put distance over time cameras all through the park. That would seriously ruin it. Considering they are trialing at the moment, camera's that can read and process number plates, and that camera is on a moving vehicle. Its perfectly possible that they can use that tech into Stand alone cameras. And the nasho would be one of the first places they would use it :(

gokartgti

Garage Pics Updated
dude be happy youve saved a dose of a few $$$$.... there not all that bad.

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
I bet one day they put distance over time cameras all through the park. That would seriously ruin it. Considering they are trialing at the moment, camera's that can read and process number plates, and that camera is on a moving vehicle. Its perfectly possible that they can use that tech into Stand alone cameras. And the nasho would be one of the first places they would use it :(

That's easily fixed, stop for a snack half way through :lol:

That's how the truckies got around the cameras here in Brisabne, there's a route that the trucks are supposed to take (toll road $$$$$) but there is a alternative route that is free. They put the cameras in to stop trucks from using it as a thoroughfare but if they stop to make a delivery they don't get fined. So the truckies stop at a truck stop and have a feed and then drive on and don't get fined :thumbup:

We're years behind the rest of the world on ANPR technology, it's really big in the UK and there seems some reluctance to use it here. Maybe because there are so many unregistered/uninsured/unlicensed drivers on the road the police would be swamped.

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
its funny the number of cops that love the GTI! i have been let off twice by GTI admiring cops

mrx

Connoisseur
Car(s)
2007 CW Golf GTI 5dr
We're years behind the rest of the world on ANPR technology, it's really big in the UK and there seems some reluctance to use it here. Maybe because there are so many unregistered/uninsured/unlicensed drivers on the road the police would be swamped.

And WA it would seem. :biggrin: The cops have been setting one of those up on the freeway for a few years now, and yes, they do get swamped by people with no licence's, outstanding parking tickets, etc.

iluvbrownale

White Lightning
something i was wondering whilst being followed was that i know i was only going a smidge (2-3kmh) over 70 through the turn and it's a 70 limit. But it's really tight so obviously the car had some attitude about it and was lifting the inside rear. So even if i'd been radar-ed, what is the likely outcome other than a repeat of the same fireside chat? didn't cross the line, hadn't broken traction (had ESP on :) ) and was on the speed limit. Has anyone been caught under the auspices of dangerous driving or the like in a situation like this?

Scotty1991

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW Golf Pacific
I saw a highway patrol XR6T in there in the middle of the day one time but I was stopped at the time taking pictures

MarioR32

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk5 R32 MY07
all the time bro!!... but with the bends its hard to get a fix on your speed.. as long as your not being a complete dick you should be right.. :thumbsup:

iluvbrownale

White Lightning
.. as long as your not being a complete dick you should be right.. :thumbsup:

as long as..... :lol:

that's me fecked then.

In fairness, i'm not hell bent on setting land speed records so i don't really gun it through the straight bits anyway. But obviously through the bends it's a different story, which is why i bought a GTI and not a Range Rover.

Mind you, the GTi has been nothing but a cop magnet since the first hour of getting it so it sadly has got me thinking of something that gives me the buzz but at lower kmh's i.e. something like an old 911s, old Elan, Mk2 Jag etc.

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
And bear in mind you can be doing the speed limit and that still be deemed as an inappropriate speed for the corner/ conditions... the Black Spur used to be 100kmh zone all the way through, if you tried that through most of there you'd end up wrapped around a tree.

isaw

Banned
I hvaent had a cop look at me twice, yet alone being pulled over or Breath tested... and I drive like a crazy man. maybe I'm just getting lucky...

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Yes.

Its called "Furious driving; Reckless driving; Driving in a manner or at a speed dangerous" . Even if the speed limit is 70kmhr through a corner, and you do 70kmhr,

That woule be a problem for some cars like the Clio - reknowned for getting up on 3 wheels. I've seen it even turning slowly whilst going across dips where street guttering is.

You could be driving perfectly normally and still get 3 wheels only - don't think the cops could get you for that.