GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Almost forgot about this run 06 MKV vs 07 Si (vid)

KOA789

Go Kart Champion

OP, good kill. You destroyed that thing.

/Off topic.

TSiUG, I beat your 12.53 this weekend lol I ran a 12.52@114.8 :)

willber

Ready to race!
Car(s)
4dr si
I thought they were a bit faster now that they come with a 2.4 and a little more power. I test drove one and it drove alright. When I floored it there was how ever a slight delay. But with a few mods that'll help it out little.

stock for stock its a little faster.... mod for mod it will get smoke.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
stock for stock its a little faster.... mod for mod it will get smoke.

Has this been confirmed, or is it just speculation? I'd think that extra displacement would make it more responsive, not less responsive, to the same mod progression, that is unless it has a much lower redline, fueling issues, difficult computer to crack, really restrictive anti-pollution ancillaries, poorer heads, etc.

BlackRabbit1313

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW Rabbit S
Funny, I just got rid of my '08 civic SI. They are pretty quick with the right mods and tune put together. The 2012 SI is nothing compared to the 8th Gen SI. Damn good kill though. Bravo!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Funny, I just got rid of my '08 civic SI. They are pretty quick with the right mods and tune put together. The 2012 SI is nothing compared to the 8th Gen SI. Damn good kill though. Bravo!

Aside from the 2012 looking like shit (the sedan does at least) is it really that much worse in a straight line, or do people just not like it?

Car(s)
Subaru
To add to this thread, some civic just tried racing me. I didn't race though cause my radar detector was singing like crazy, but he took off quick and it looked bone stock from behind, minus the tip and gauges on his pillar. It wasn't an 8th gen though, it looked like the 7th gen

BlackRabbit1313

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW Rabbit S
Aside from the 2012 looking like shit (the sedan does at least) is it really that much worse in a straight line, or do people just not like it?

They are actually slower, my vtech always kicked it at 5500 rpms. On the 2012 I couldn't get it to engage at all. And it didn't feel like it engaged in the beginning. So I don't know what the deal was. And your right they do look like shit. My 08 sedan looked so nice, dropped on 17s. But the '12 is disgusting.

berndonfat

Ready to race!
dont forget that the 2012 si has an integrated exhaust manifold. so no more changing out that out for a race header which that and flashpro is key for the k series for making bolt on bower.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
They are actually slower, my vtech always kicked it at 5500 rpms. On the 2012 I couldn't get it to engage at all. And it didn't feel like it engaged in the beginning. So I don't know what the deal was. And your right they do look like shit. My 08 sedan looked so nice, dropped on 17s. But the '12 is disgusting.

Did you test drive one from the dealership? If so, dealerships always fill their cars with the cheapest gas they can get ahold of. This means the engine was probably not coming on cam and it was probably pulling timing. It'd likely be a different animal with a tank of 93.

BlackRabbit1313

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW Rabbit S
Yeah that's what I figured, so I drove my buddy's '12 si. Still had the same feeling and he fills his with 91 premium. I don't know maybe its just me. The one thing I didnt like is the 8th Gen always had a grind at high rpm from 1st to 2nd. The 9th Gen no longer has that problem. So no grinds. The seats were a little nicer too. The one I drove had navigation so I liked it. Mine didn't have navigation. I guess it has its own pros and cons. But so does the 8th Gen.

09mkvgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GTI
I thought they were a bit faster now that they come with a 2.4 and a little more power. I test drove one and it drove alright. When I floored it there was how ever a slight delay. But with a few mods that'll help it out little.

2.4 doesn't mean shit...that a 2.4l with 2.4lbs of tq=slow ass honda. They all talk a big game down here in south florida and unless they're on boost or built, they're slow....

3.sl06MT

Stout
Car(s)
Honda Accord
Eh. The '12 Si doesn't look ALL that bad in coupe form. It grew on me a little bit, but I still prefer the 8G. The integrated exhaust manifold isn't all that bad, but the traditional header will most likely make slightly more power. I have the integrated manifold on my car where the primary cats are right at the head port. Deleting these cats is a great mod and yields great gains so don't discourage it just yet. Oh, and there is a company that is supposedly coming out with an ECU for the 9G :wink:

The 9G has a much lower redline at 7K I believe. I've never driven one, but it seems to take away the fun factor from the 8G. Not that torque isn't fun, but when you have a history of revving to 8500RPM, it's hard to go back.

Willber: You still down to get a couple runs on film? I have to do a couple things then I'm down :thumbsup: PM me if you're still interested. If so, please list your mods again. Maybe we could get a Stage 2 or 2+ GTI in the area to come down too so we won't get flamed for the video.

Last edited: