GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[Help] OEM Headlight Switch Wiring Diagram

AuXFire

Hello all. I am a new MKV owner and I am really stoked about modding my car. I began with a boost gauge that I was wiring into the headlight switch harness in the dash. The issue is that I cannot find a reliable diagram showing what pins and wires go to what source and vice versa. If anyone could help that would be amaing.

As of now I cannot for the life of me tap into the correct power source for the gauge to run its light. As well as when I did tap into the harness I screwed something up with my left front fog lamp. So now I only have one working fog lamp.

The boost gauge is not a fancy expensive one for now. It's made by Glowshift. I know they aren't a "good" brand but it will do until I get all the basic engine stuff up to par. The install instructions for the gauge were very vague so I tried looking into all the DIY for the NewSouth gauges and that wiring setup didn't work for me.

Thanks again for any info that you guys provide.

AuXFire

Thanks for the info. Ima try to make it work. At worst I will just go ahead and order a NewSouth and solve most of my problem. Hopefully it was just a bulb or fuse blown for the fog lamp.