GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Please help with WinCE 5 2din Chinese gps

dscratch

Hoping that someone may be able to point me in the right direction to get the Nav function working on my head unit.

I'm not the original owner so I have very little concrete information on this unit. Near as I can tell it is a Maisun MT6501. (The name "Maisun" pops up under settings/about). Apparently the same as the 6050 and a half dozen other variations or close relatives. I believe it is WinCe 5.0, but I am unable to load the Navigation screen.

I have tried to download several versions of igo8 but no joy as yet.

One peculiar fact is that the Navi screen displays a never-ending loading screen. Could the WinCE portion of the head unit be currupted? Also if I insert the sd card in the second sd slot, the unit says bad card. I have backed up that cards contents (there wasn't any problem for my Mac to recognize the card). I formatted the card to Fat16 and then loaded the backup, then tried several downloaded variations.

I have had zero luck moving past the loading screen.

I am going to get a new card and try that, but if anyone has any opinions on diagnosing/fixing this problem, it would be much appreciated. Would a firmware update/restore correct a potential WinCE issue?
Where can I find a compatible firmware update for this device?

Thanks in advance.