GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 winter tire setup

Bgatz

Ready to race!
I'll be running the R32 in the snow this winter. I plan on using the factory wheels. Any good recomndations on snow tires. I have seen the ones on tire rack but just looking for some opinions. Car is all stock except a catback so nothing is different as far as suspension

Bgatz

Ready to race!
Currently have Continental extreme contacts and just don't know how well they will do with CT snow. I'll look into the blizzaks

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
I have used Blizzak WS70s and they made the car tank-like. Brake a little early and plow through snow, sleet, heavy standing water, ice, and everything else winter tosses at you. Driven through literal blizzards bouncing from rubble strip to rubble strips on the turnpike and never felt like the car was even close to losing traction. This was before the WS80s came out but I'm sure the 80s are even better. 16in steelies and these were nice.

WS70s were amazing snow tires but had the downfall of all traditional snow tires, which is that when it was cold and try the car drove very squishily. Had these two seasons before got rid of the car.

Blizzak LM-32s - had these also. These drove more like all seasons when it was dry while only sacrificing a small amount of the sheer winterability from the traditional Blizzaks we all know and love. Lasted four seasons (not all on my car). Also mounted on 16in steelies. Loved these but decided not to buy another set because of the dollar amount compared to the Yokohamas I ended up buying. Even compared to sizes and prices jumping from 16in to 18in wheels.

Currently have Yokohama iceGuard52c on stock-sized 18s - have had them for only one season. Bought them over another set of Blizzaks because they were quite cheap. I don't recall whether it was a Tire Rack sale or they were just released or what it was. I like these tires - more reminiscent of the Blizzak WS70s in that they are trying to be a traditional winter tire. They have middle tier ratings on TR but I have not had any problems with them. I expect to get another 3-4 seasons out of them since last year was a light winter. This winter is predicted to be really heavy, so we'll see how that turns out...

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Currently have Continental extreme contacts and just don't know how well they will do with CT snow. I'll look into the blizzaks

I have the DWS' on mine and they did not hold up at all in the Denver snow. Slid more than my GTi ever did.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I run Continental ExtremeContact DW as my dedicated summer tire and Hankook Winter i’Pike have never let me down in the snow and slush.

The ExtremeContact DW is not good in the cold, I have ExtremeContact DWS on a CUV and they are a great all season, but not nearly as good as a dedicated summer or dedicated winter tire like I run on my GTI.

telaio

Ready to race!
I'm running Vredenstein Wintrac Extreme and I've been happy with them on snowy Alpine roads and in blizzards. I would never compromise handling by using all-season tires in any conditions..