GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just picked a R

AA 954

Passed Driver's Ed
So did you ever get the APR ECU Tune? I'm curious as to the difference in case you did. I'm thinking of going that route as well.

The APR ECU Tune improved the mid-range torque in mine, it is noticeable although gains are not significant. I also had the catless test pipes installed by USP Motorsports as part of their R&D, the sound it brought to the car is great and louder but didn't really get any real gains out of it...

Last edited:

AA 954

Passed Driver's Ed
Quick update, i had the car flashed back to stock yesterday as I was getting a constant check engine light due to the Catless Downpipe O2 sensors, after, I had the United Motorsports triple combo (ECU, DSG and Haldex) tunes flashed by USP as the UM flash seems to work better with the downpipe, so far all good, I haven't been able to run a proper test although so far no check engine light, DSG handles very differently (for the best) and I noticed less understeer in the same corners that I usually go in hard :) - for those considering an ECU flash you might want to do some more research and see if UM is an option, so far I have no complaints. Tomorrow, I'm changing the damper :)

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
Quick update, i had the car flashed back to stock yesterday as I was getting a constant check engine light due to the Catless Downpipe O2 sensors, after, I had the United Motorsports triple combo (ECU, DSG and Haldex) tunes flashed by USP as the UM flash seems to work better with the downpipe, so far all good, I haven't been able to run a proper test although so far no check engine light, DSG handles very differently (for the best) and I noticed less understeer in the same corners that I usually go in hard :) - for those considering an ECU flash you might want to do some more research and see if UM is an option, so far I have no complaints. Tomorrow, I'm changing the damper :)

so, usp testpipe didnt yield any extra performance? not enough to justify the cost? was always wondering that. the flashes are on my list, but that may be it for the motor unless I can get cams in.

AA 954

Passed Driver's Ed
so, usp testpipe didnt yield any extra performance? not enough to justify the cost? was always wondering that. the flashes are on my list, but that may be it for the motor unless I can get cams in.

Correct, reason I did it was only because they called me up and would install as part of their R&D, think I just paid like 50% of the normal cost and no labor (total 300$). I personally thought I would get more gains but truth is with NA cars the gains are always so small... Good luck!

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
Correct, reason I did it was only because they called me up and would install as part of their R&D, think I just paid like 50% of the normal cost and no labor (total 300$). I personally thought I would get more gains but truth is with NA cars the gains are always so small... Good luck!

Schrick cams along with a flash is supposed to be good, but how many import the mkv ones to the US? Mk4 ones MIGHT work, and may be worth more then chip on its own.

polskatomek

I actually picked up another .:R32 recently too (#2500). Owned one a few years back when I lived in Ontario. That one was bone stock, still loved it, but I found this one last month here in Vancouver with literally ALL the mods I would want to do already done: APR tune, Schrick cams, SuperSprint DPs, CAI, Haldex controller, Milltek resonated catback, lightweight wheels (and only 50k miles on the ODO :headbang:)

Anyway, it definitely feels a lot quicker than the stock one I had before, but actually not as quick as I expected when I first drove it.

My advice is spend money on suspension, as mine is still stock and I find myself pining for a nice set of H&R coils...

Congrats on the purchase :thumbsup:

So I recently picked up a MKV Golf R #381. I have a stage II MKV GTI so Im familiar with some things. so I like the millitek non resonated cat back will most likely get that

looking to do some tuning most likely an APR ECU tune, do they make a dsg tune as well

do any companies make a V banded type of exhaust where I can go catless or catted by swapping sections out like he eurojet model for my gti

another other recommendations for modifications

thanks

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
I still think the 'wookie' term is pretty spot on....especially when I hear these videos.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J0Yq_8Vu5w

what i sound like currently

looking into downpipes what other options are there other than usp??

Milltek, Supersprint, and there's a guy from the UK who makes Milltek clones with really good reviews. He's got a thread on here, on that other forum that shall not be named, and on FB somewhere. TBH I'm going to buy from him if I have the $$$ saved up and he's still making them. I think it was around $600 for a set of non-catted test pipes that produce a sound exactly like Milltek's. Already have a resonated Milltek catback so that'll be interesting.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Love the sound of the old VR6. HPA in Canada are the VR6 Gods. They've been here at our local track for several VW events and killed it!

And nothing is like the newer generation Golf R's for performance!

Stage 1 in these cars is pure excitement!:eyebulge: