GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car revving up to 1,500 RPM when braking

Candy30

Ready to race!
a lot of Škoda's in my country, but no tuning on them, don't know why :D good luck with the car, cheers :)

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Bumping an old thread. My car seems to hit this issue after I installed a K04 and re-tuned for it. After a BK install i am on the pedal a bit deeper than before so its getting more prevalent.

Anything to log or do to fix this?

Finder

Ready to race!
I've had the same issue for the longest time. Could never figure it out. No brake upgrades on mine.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Looking at things it may be a vac leak. Could also be a MAF issue or my intake as well.

I am going to replace my master cylinder and have that side of the bay dismantled for some other work, I plan to install all new lines when reassembling.

iagiansti

I was getting rev hang when braking with no cel or boost leaks for the longest time. Turned out to be the S shaped brake booster hose. As the motor moves around the hose fails over time. Possible issue ?

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Ordered that one, i think the one side is cracked but didnt get a good look at it.

K04 on stock motor mounts so theres a little movememt...

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Ordered that one, i think the one side is cracked but didnt get a good look at it.

K04 on stock motor mounts so theres a little movememt...

Didn't you get 17z brakes? I'd highly suggest getting the TTRS master and booster. The 17z setup is a little too big on the OEM master, the TTRS will comepletely eliminate the deep pedal. Definitely get that little booster/vac line. See those crack all the time.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I'm pretty happy with the stock master cylinder on my 17z's, I have a RS3 master cylinder and a .:R32 master cylinder on my bench.

Just waiting on parts to arrive to do my rear brakes and will swap my master cylinder along with the new vac lines at the same time.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
No obvious cracks on my vac line, replaced it anyway and the problem is gone. Dunno if the ECU needs time to adapt as i pulled the battery to get to it.

oleve

subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread