GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Frankenturbo F23T Owner's Thread

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
thats someone dyno tune file... its adjusted for the injectors. its not like swapping to rs4s and just clicking rs4 injectors in the wizard

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

dwells6393

Car(s)
MKV GTI
Revive this thread a bit :p I'm current sitting on a stock 07 gti with a ton of parts to be tuned with my f23t. They are as follows:
-turbo(duh)
-uprated intercooler
-hpfp internals
-uprated clutch
-3" TBE

Am I missing any necessities? And also when I put everything on, should I be okay to drive it as is for a day or two, given that I'm not boosting, or should I take the precaution and get a MBC?

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
You would probablt want an mbc with or without a custom tune. It is recommended. Also injectors, rs4 prv, etc

dwells6393

Car(s)
MKV GTI
I thought injectors upgrade weren't necessary with this turbo? I'm just looking for the base stuff needed to support it not trying to go crazy high numbers.

GTIRyan

Revive this thread a bit :p I'm current sitting on a stock 07 gti with a ton of parts to be tuned with my f23t. They are as follows:
-turbo(duh)
-uprated intercooler
-hpfp internals
-uprated clutch
-3" TBE

Am I missing any necessities? And also when I put everything on, should I be okay to drive it as is for a day or two, given that I'm not boosting, or should I take the precaution and get a MBC?

I also upgraded to R8 coilpacks with iridium plugs, intake, PCV delete, an MBC, you can drive the F23T on stock tune, i used maestro tuning with the stock injector base file.

carbonduc27

Car(s)
07 CW GTI 4dr Stage2
Just wanted to jump on this thread and share my F23t experience

I purchased the turbo months ago but spent some time refreshing a lot of other parts before making the jump to the Frankenturbo.

My car is a TFSI GTI with 124k miles. I have had no issues other than a misfire than was cured with new ignition coils. Once I got my new water pump/timeing belt, cam follower and twincooler installed I spent a weekend getting the turbo in.

Install was not too bad. I have an BSH intake and had already relocated my DV so it was easy to get to. I am also running a APR race cat DP and if moved out of the way very easily.

Once I bolted it all back together I drove around very carefully for a few days. I DID NOT have correct software installed yet and was running my APR stage 2+ tune. For whatever reason I had major overboosting. I had spliced in a MBC to use as a backup safety measure but I think i my T connectors were not big enough and so the boost leaked to the wastegate. So basically no wastegate. Yikes!

I watched it carefully until I could get back in to check all fittings. I also ordered my Maestro cable so I could get an actual map in there. I hope to get down to AUtuning for a proper dyno tune but they are 6 hours away so that will have to wait.

Anyway, after replacing my t connection with 8mm brass and clamping everything down and install the base eurodyne map.... we are all good. I set the MBC at 19 psi at first and have since moved it to about 22 psi. I am not sure what the eurodyne stock injector map boosts too but i don't want to push it too hard until I am sure everything is running nicely.

Car is now MUCH quicker. I love being able to modulate the pedal and be able to feel the power - not just floor it or not. I love my MkV but I was considering unloading it and getting something faster but now I think I will stick with the GTI for a while and enjoy the new found power. Thanks Frankenturbo!

QUESTION: The stock injector eurodyne f23 is great but I wondered how much I am losing by not running a custom tune. Is the f23 map different than an f23t map?
I know a custom map is tuned to a specific car but if anyone had an f23t tune I woul love to try it.
Also, to check things are running ok what logs should I look at? have have a vcds and was going to follow the APR log guidelines.

Mods:
BSH Intake with DV relocation
BSH intake pipe ( with Meth tap (coming soon))
BSH Catch Can
AUTOTECH HPFP guts with RS4 fuel rail valve
Intake was walnut blasted and new injectors installed
APR Catted Downpipe to DC Sports axle back exhaust
BSH motor/trans mounts with Dogbone.

Suspension
Airlift V3 air ride
S3 LCAs
Nuespeed rear swaybar

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
22 psi on stock injectors is a little much considering I ran 24psi with rs4s, rs4 prv, tons of meth and an upgraded low pressure pump. Definitely do logs and watch afr

carbonduc27

Car(s)
07 CW GTI 4dr Stage2
Cool, good to know. I will see what is happening with some logs.

I am on 91 oct, that doesn't help either. I have a meth pump and controller to help it but have not installed that yet.

I figured eurodyne software would stop the boost when it needed to but obviously this is just a stock map.

I'm looking forward to tinkering with this (with the help of the forums - Maestro is crazy complicated)

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
I havent even touched anything besides cold start idle. I had a dyno tune done by FFE when i had f23 but i switched to gt3071r