GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk5 VW Golf 2.0 GT-TDI Pollen filter change

GT-TDI

GT-TDI
Here is my thread about changing my pollen filter on my Mk5 VW Golf 2.0 GT-TDI. I bought my pollen filter a VW dealer because I only use genuine VW parts on my car.

The pollen filter housing is located in the footwell of the front passenger seat of the car (excuse the mess)

DSC01830.jpg

Just underneath the glovebox you will see 3 torx screws, undo these
DSC01831.jpg

Looking up underneath the footwell you will see a grey polystyrene cover with 2 screws in the middle, you can unscrew these by hand
DSC01832.jpg

The cover is flexible so with care remove the cover by pulling it away at the corners. the people who did it before i owned the car ripped it abit.
DSC01834.jpg

Looking at the back you can now see the pollen filter housing

DSC01835.jpg
the cover at the bottom slides back, so just grab the bottom and move it to the left (nearside wheel). Pull off the cover

You now have access to the pollen filter, remove it. (quite abit of debris
comes out), (remember the shape of the pollen filter because they will only go in one way)
DSC01836.jpg

Old Pollen filter compared to new one
DSC01838.jpg

install the new pollen filter in the same way that you removed the old one
DSC01839.jpg

at the bottom of the pollen filter there are slots that are for the cover connections, make sure these are located properly (can be abit tricky since your in a awkward position)

replace cover by pushing up and sliding to right.
DSC01840.jpg
Replace polystyrene cover and screws
DSC01841.jpg
Job Done

GT-TDI

GT-TDI
you said there are 3 torx screws do you really need to remove them?
Or just the two on the foam cover?

Hi, been away for awhile. If I remember correctly, you need to remove all three. The third being on the plastic trim, in the horizontal plane.

gerrywac

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought my Golf V 1.9Tdi a couple of years ago on long life service and when it came up I decided to do the service myself and change all four filters fuel, oil, air and cabin.

My cabin filter was similar state, dirty and full of bits

Unfortunately VW parts are just too dear from a dealer so I used MAN aftermarket for all. Top quality OEM parts at a reasonable price. The cabin filter comes with or without carbon (not sure about the VW part) but it was only a quid or so more so got that. Apart from the oil filter that's it for a few years

goneD4rk

Banned
Can anyone tell me how to upload more photos than the 10 photos it says i can upload, cheers

why do you have a right hand drive car in the USA??

goneD4rk

Banned