GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk5 canbus led signals? anyone have them?

Krzysiuu

Hey JetTurbo, you seem pretty knowledgable in this area and maybe you can help me out. I have a 2009 Jetta TDI and have been looking for error free white LED turn signals. Do you know if the ones you posted would work with my Jetta ? And have you located a website where they are avaliable ??

Thank You

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
Hey JetTurbo, you seem pretty knowledgable in this area and maybe you can help me out. I have a 2009 Jetta TDI and have been looking for error free white LED turn signals. Do you know if the ones you posted would work with my Jetta ?
If you have stock halogen headlight fixtures - no.
That LED bulb only fits the stock HID fixtures.
And it still does not satisfy the Cent Elec controller, so the circuit shuts down.
I had no luck adding a resistor, but I may have damaged something along the way,
I had a hell of a time getting the stock bulb to work after the LED test.
Wish I could find an error canceling version of that LED bulb, but no luck so far.

And have you located a website where they are avaliable ??

Thank You
Sorry, no. :iono:

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
bumping an old thread

my left turn signal just gave up on me today...:iono:

anyone ever found out if there will ever be an LED version for this bulb H21W (64136)?? :iono:
Seems there are error free versions of this bulb now. Couple of sources ...

description: BA9S Hyper 5 5050 SMD LED GP-BA9S-CSMD-5W
pricing: HIDLightsUSA.com. BA9S pricing

High Powered 5050 3 Chip SMT Array - Outfitted with Canbus Bulb-Out Warning Cancellation Chip
(this web site kinda sucks, best way to find the bulb is go to the link,
copy the first 4 or 5 words from the description above, and search the page for it.)

GTI4John74

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Seems there are error free versions of this bulb now. Couple of sources ...

description: BA9S Hyper 5 5050 SMD LED GP-BA9S-CSMD-5W
pricing: HIDLightsUSA.com. BA9S pricing

High Powered 5050 3 Chip SMT Array - Outfitted with Canbus Bulb-Out Warning Cancellation Chip
(this web site kinda sucks, best way to find the bulb is go to the link,
copy the first 4 or 5 words from the description above, and search the page for it.)

Thanks for the link. How are the LED's so far, do they run pretty good? on a scale of 1-10 being 10 as good and 1 as bad, what would be your review on this LED?

Also, looks like they only come in white...no amber color.

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
Thanks for the link. How are the LED's so far, do they run pretty good? on a scale of 1-10 being 10 as good and 1 as bad, what would be your review on this LED?
Effectively, they were not as bright. Pulled them out and went back to stock.
So I guess I would rate them 1. I was not running the error canceling ones I linked,
I tried the older lower cost ones with more LEDs an NO error canceling and an added resistor,
I posted about in March 2011.

Also, looks like they only come in white...no amber color.
Unlike mk5s with halogen headlight fixtures (different turn signal bulb altogether),
the directional signal bulb in a mk5 with HIDs is clear / white.

US mk5 GTi (HID equipped) original equipment turn signal bulb

The amber for the front directionals comes from a lens in the lighting fixture.
And the autolumination ones are available in amber, not that they are needed.

GTI4John74

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI
@JetTurbo

Thanks! I'm gonna give them a try and see eventhough they're not as bright. I really like something that'll last longer than those regular bulbs. It's for signals anyways. Although they are quite pricey the shipping that is $30 USD to get to Canada, I ended up paying $65 USD for 2 pairs...

FlaDubNut

Rice Eater
Car(s)
2007 GTI 2DR
Hey JetTurbo-you helped me find led interior lights for my old mkv a while back. i have another mkv and forgot the part # and supplier. was it autolumination? part # ? thanks!!

Ihussan05

Car(s)
Golf GTI MK5
The GTI and the Rabbit use different bulbs for the front turn signals.
Have yet to find LEDs that will fit the front turn signal in the GTI fixture.

The GTI uses a special bayonet base 12W slim halogen bulb in the front turn signal

The Rabbit uses a standard 1156 bulb in the front turn signal, just like the tail lights.

LEDs that will fit the Rabbit fixture are more common,
superbrightleds.com (the banner ad in this thread) has a whole page of 1156 LEDs,
but none are 'error canceling' .
They offer an external resistor to address the issue,
but now you are into wiring modifications - not plug and play.

Unless you can find 'error canceling' 1156 bulbs,
they will not work plug and play.
Regular LEDs will trigger a bulb out and disable the circuit.

Regular LEDs that fit the 1156 socket are easy to find,
but the 'error canceling' aka canbus bulbs are more rare.
They seem to exist ... canbus turn lights - 1156 -4W
but I have yet to find a source for them.
Hi I wanted to know where I can find that black socket as my turn signal has been fused however it melted in the socket so I was looking for a new socket and can’t find one anywhere. If someone can help me find the socket it be much appreciated.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Hi I wanted to know where I can find that black socket as my turn signal has been fused however it melted in the socket so I was looking for a new socket and can’t find one anywhere. If someone can help me find the socket it be much appreciated.
Did this Euro GTI come from the factory with HID or Halogen Headlights? The sockets are different between the to types and also between the manufacture of the headlight(AL, Hella/Visteon)

If HID the turn socket does not appear to be sold separately.