GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG clunk/thud noise

.:R #2734

Ready to race!
my dsg makes a click noise when shifting gears in manual mode, you cant hear it on the inside but on the outside when i drive with the windows down and no music you can hear it if its quiet in the area. You also hear a click noise when going to a stop and when it shifts into first. please tell me this is normal......

I have the same noise, and assume it is normal, especially when you think of the mechanics of the DSG tranny. I also notice it gets quieter after the car warms up.

Car(s)
MK VII 7R
Update ,,,

I made My dealers Scratch his head , now my .:R is doing 5700k i was getting used to that thud sound , so 3 days back i was like WTF,, the 6th gear Thud noise is completely gone ... called up chris(Garage Manager) told his he he was like hmmmmmmmm now thats weird, he asks me to drop by the day after , he test drove the car and scratched his Head ,, "im confused " he said , back @ his office he shoots this long email to : "Yenz" the guy from Germany, explaining ,

the next day ..

called me up and told me this shocker the next day " there is a slight possibility that we give you a Brand new .:R and ship ur current one to Germany for studies , coz thy ARE Scratching Heads :iono: :iono: :iono:

felix_r32

racecar
Update ,,,

I made My dealers Scratch his head , now my .:R is doing 5700k i was getting used to that thud sound , so 3 days back i was like WTF,, the 6th gear Thud noise is completely gone ... called up chris(Garage Manager) told his he he was like hmmmmmmmm now thats weird, he asks me to drop by the day after , he test drove the car and scratched his Head ,, "im confused " he said , back @ his office he shoots this long email to : "Yenz" the guy from Germany, explaining ,

the next day ..

called me up and told me this shocker the next day " there is a slight possibility that we give you a Brand new .:R and ship ur current one to Germany for studies , coz thy ARE Scratching Heads :iono: :iono: :iono:

That is sweet!!! They are going to replace your R simply because of some noise in DSG. Someone's R's engine blew here in the states and they wont replace his car :thumbdown:

bri-dog

Car(s)
2010 Golf GTI MK6
Twisted T: You don´t happend to have any e-mail conversations with the Germans saved? I´m planning to take my car to the dealers next week to have them check this out. Always good to have some facts when talking to them...I really don´t want to hear that it is "nothing" since your service rep. conversations suggests otherwise.

Car(s)
MK VII 7R
Twisted T: You don´t happend to have any e-mail conversations with the Germans saved? I´m planning to take my car to the dealers next week to have them check this out. Always good to have some facts when talking to them...I really don´t want to hear that it is "nothing" since your service rep. conversations suggests otherwise.

Unfortunately i don't ,

roadstaz

Sorry for jacking up an old thread.
But I am having this problem with my 05 GTI DSG.
Car is at 50.000km, and the clunk is heard when shifting from 4th to 5th gear. Other than that, it is normal.
Dealer did a couple of dsg calibration and all of them failed to complete. Resulting a loud metal to metal screech noise and then screen shows fail.
They too have no idea whats going on and no errors came up on vag-com.
Car still sitting at the dealer getting checked. 5 days and going now.