GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

windsheild washer not working

Pat the Rat

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Today I pulled the foglight grill to see if I could get at the lines near the reservoir, but I'm not sure how they come off. Do they just pull off? I was afraid of breaking it and having all the fluid run all over the place. So I put the grill back on and put a basketball needle valve on my compressor and tried to blow air back thru the line from the nozzle on the back window to the reservoir. Well, I could actually hear the fluid in the reservoir bubbling from the air running, but when I go to use the washer pump, i got like one little spurt and that was it. And now I can't hear the pump going anymore! May as well just take it to the dealer. Grrrrr!

spartanrabbit09

ask me about my wiener
Car(s)
09 Rabbit
Today I pulled the foglight grill to see if I could get at the lines near the reservoir, but I'm not sure how they come off. Do they just pull off? I was afraid of breaking it and having all the fluid run all over the place. So I put the grill back on and put a basketball needle valve on my compressor and tried to blow air back thru the line from the nozzle on the back window to the reservoir. Well, I could actually hear the fluid in the reservoir bubbling from the air running, but when I go to use the washer pump, i got like one little spurt and that was it. And now I can't hear the pump going anymore! May as well just take it to the dealer. Grrrrr!

the dealer can be your friend....only if its under warrenty!

Pat the Rat

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Took it to the dealer today since I have a bumper to bumper warranty and they said they need to order some kind of nozzle for the wiper motor in the back. so i take it back in 2 days from now. at least they washed my car for me!

update: dealer never got the part in yet, but for some reason the washer is working again. maybe he fixed something when he took it apart to see what's wrong? maybe it thawed out? don't know.

Last edited:

rayreay

Hi there my mk5's washer is not working properly and is just dripping out not like the drivers side any help would be great guys

Pat the Rat

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
The dealer never called me back to fix my rear washer, but magically it has been working since they put it back together again. But sometimes it will not work for days, then all of a sudden start working again. My rear wiper also decided not to work for a couple days, then after restarting (rebooting?) it's been working fine too. Weird electro-voodoo.