GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MkV wheel/tire fitment guide

p-zero

hey o/

I have found some stupidly good looking rims for my mkv gti.

they have the specs:
rear: 19x9.5" et45 was gonna slap on 215/35
front: 19x8.5 et35 with the same tyres.

Question is, will it even work at all?
I know it's not in the chart, but rules are made to be broken :)

thanks, really!

edit: i have coils.

Bushranger

Great chart RRR! Alas, I have 16x7inch rims with a 50 offset and 5x112 studs. What tyre/tire sizes am I limited to? I'm hoping I can put 225/50/16 tyres on my TDi Golf. Please let me know if this is possible. Thank you

tomatoair

Great chart RRR! Alas, I have 16x7inch rims with a 50 offset and 5x112 studs. What tyre/tire sizes am I limited to? I'm hoping I can put 225/50/16 tyres on my TDi Golf. Please let me know if this is possible. Thank you

yeah, good job RRR; I like your fitment chart. THANK YOU!:thumbsup:

Question:
I am looking for a set of wheels in the following size

Size: 19 X 8.5" front & rear
Hub Bore: 66.6
Bolt Pattern: 5 X 112
Offset: 42 mm front & rear

could this wheels fit on my Rabbit? Currently, I am using 5mm spacer
in the front to clear my BBK. What is the right size of the tire should
I get in order to stay away the rubbing problem?(Currently, I am in
2.5" drop) What is MK5's hub bore size? Thx.

Ok, since there is a thread on here at least once a week (plus the tire thread also) about people asking for different combinations of wheel/tire fitments, I spent a few hours putting this chart together. If the mods want to make it a sticky or add it to the FAQ, I'm sure it would help out some people.

Couple points:

Everything you see below is a fairly conservative setup... But with that said, if you have four people and luggage in the car, don't come crying back to here when it rubs.

The tire sizes I have highlighted in yellow are fitments that will rub more often, mainly because there is no such thing as a 205/35R19 tire, which is what would be ideal.

If your offset isn't listed (34 or less) it's because it's not recommended (it was a stretch to even do 35 - 39), not because it won't "work". I haven't included any staggered setups for the same reason... Plus there are just too many variables.

great chart, but what about us lowly guys running stock 16s? Can I fit 225/55s on it stock suspension, or 245/50s?

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
a 245/50 would work depending on a lot of things. You wouuld need wheels with a good offset et38-42 aprox and you might need camber plates upfront. You might be fine if you roll the fenders but IIRC the major issue is strut clearance.

225/55/16 should be fine. Isn't that factory tiresize?

205/55-16 is factory. I don't want to change wheels, I just like the way the larger tires plant he vehicle on the road. I don't know what rolling fenders is and don't care to add camber plates, just want to know the largest tires I can fit on the stock 16s. How about 205/60?

NahbutsGTI

EUROTHRASH
Car(s)
MkV GTI 6spd
Hi guys,
Please need some HELP! I have a MkV GTI with 17" denvers, stock ride hieght.
I have a mate with a B7 A4 and I want his rims! They are 245/35/19 and I think a ET35 offset.
Will these fit on my GTI or is 245 too wide with that offset?
Any help is appreciated...

Benjamin T

Go Kart Champion
Hi guys,
Please need some HELP! I have a MkV GTI with 17" denvers, stock ride hieght.
I have a mate with a B7 A4 and I want his rims! They are 245/35/19 and I think a ET35 offset.
Will these fit on my GTI or is 245 too wide with that offset?
Any help is appreciated...

what is the width of the wheel?

how close is your mate? will he let you test fit?

Benjamin T

Go Kart Champion
19 x 8.5 I think. he's a few hours from me so it's a bit of a pain...

do you have a picture of the whee/tire as it is now? my uneducated guess is that a 245 will be fairly square on an 8.5" wide wheel, but a 19" wheel on a stock height gti will make it look like a wagon :frown:

if you are very adamant about getting his setup, it may be worth the trip to test fit first and save yourself the grief later.