GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello Everyone

Rovman

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, today i did it. I just bought a 06'Gray, pack 2, 18" wheel shod GTI via the internet from Dubai, United Arab Emirates. I won't be able to see it for 2 1/2 more weeks though. Bummer. I will be here for a few more days than on to Egypt for a few more weeks of work than finally home.

I sold my 03' EVO about 3 months ago and have been without a car since, I really didn't need one due to traveling but now i am headed home and will need transpo.

I saw the thread about inquiring about what else GTI owners where considering so i will indulge a bit. I was actually going to buy a new Lotus Exige as my weekend track car and buy a used Jetta for everyday use. But the more i thought about driving during the week in an older high mileage car (really old high mileage car-ie. no more money left) I just decided to hold off on the big purchase and get a cheaper but fun car I can cheaply mod and have fun with. Than in a year are 2 buy a used Exige. By then the GTI would be paid for and It would not be such a stretch.

So here i am dreaming of the days when i had my G60 corrado from 91'. I autocrossed the car and Won many regional and local events with her. Out of all the cars i have onwed: EVO, Mini S, S 2000, early and late 911s. I had the most satisfaction of ownership with my old Corrado.

I imagine that the new GTI will be quite the same.
I can't wait.

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
Woah ordering from the other side of the world... that's love for the GTI!! :wub:

The exige would have been a great car but the Golf will be a great (and practical) car! Welcome to the site and please share pics of your car when you get it in 2-3 weeks. Be sure to create your own MyGolf garage (http://www.golfmk5.com/forums/mygolf.php).

Cya around.

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
^OMG, over 2.5 year bump.
I think you've just achieved a new record, congrats.

Must admit though, every time I see his post count I :eyebulge: a little as well.