GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Motorsport

TimVFR

I got a response and explanation from Garrett last night. They had been running into problems with their loaner tool for my application and didn't want to send it out. They're going to have me send my ECU directly to them to flash. Was trying to avoid downing my car, but I'm sure will be worth it in the end.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
Wanna borrow my programmer? Does it work like that haha

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Yeah the driver programmer is vehicle specific, but you can use it on a diff vehicle. It's a 300$ vin unlock. Each time lol. So if you wanted to sell it you could, new user would have to pay DM to unlock programmer and then pay for tune. I only know because I was considering doing it a year ago. But not worth for me in my situation.

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
I've got a K04+ updated file that was giving issues when my indie (DM dstbtr) tried loading it over the previous one.. guess I'll see if he's heard from DM about resolving it since everyone else is hearing from them lol

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
I've got a K04+ updated file that was giving issues when my indie (DM dstbtr) tried loading it over the previous one.. guess I'll see if he's heard from DM about resolving it since everyone else is hearing from them lol

If by hearing from them you mean one email from garrett every 5 days at 12pm, then yes lol we are hearing from them. My DM programmer still isn't here, even after they said it would be. No tracking number given and it's been WELL over a week since I've bought the programmer.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Fly by night tuners.

TimVFR

Received my ECU back from DM on Friday. Feels like it pulls much better than the REVO tune it had in it. Must say I am very happy with it. Hope they can get their customer communications up to the quality of their tune. No dynes here on Maui, but will try to get some time slips soon to get some numbers.

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
Received my ECU back from DM on Friday. Feels like it pulls much better than the REVO tune it had in it. Must say I am very happy with it. Hope they can get their customer communications up to the quality of their tune. No dynes here on Maui, but will try to get some time slips soon to get some numbers.

Glad you finally got it taken care of. Are you still going to be able to use your programmer to load files?

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion

Glad to hear you got it figured out. I got my DM tune in yesterday, it feels literally 100x better than the APR tune I was on before. If you had anyone drive a DM 2+ car and then an APR 2+ car back to back and ask them which one they would get, you would have to be batshit crazy to pick the APR one. That being said they really need to pickup their communications game. They are great when they communicate (clear, helpful, funny even) but it takes a long time to get a response. Otherwise the tune and my experience thus far has been awesome

Last edited:

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Been trying to get in contact as well. I'm having issues getting my computer to recognize my programmer. No response for a couple of weeks now.

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
Short answer, Yes

Curious because I have the programmer and only used it for stage 2. Skipped 2+ and when I went K04 had my installer/distributor load the K04 file. Wondering if I can install updates with the programmer or am I stuck running to the shop whenever there's a subsequent update (even though that might be easier since I know the shop generally can get in contact a lot quicker, lol).