GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk5 cluster help

AustinWayne

Passed Driver's Ed
Just bought a 06 gti. Car has no throttle to it and already bought a new throttle body hoping it'll fix it. But the thing I need help with is

The guy swapped out the cluster ecu and key for another thinking it was the ecu. But I want to swap everything back due to the fact it reads the wrong mileage and not the gti cluster.

Now the problem, he tried to pulled the immo chip out of original ecu but failed. So if I took to chip out of the ecu in the car now and put it in the original ecu that should fix the ecu and the key should work with it. But would the cluster be okay or is they're gna have be something done? Thanks for the help!!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

vwengineer

Ready to race!
Just bought a 06 gti. Car has no throttle to it and already bought a new throttle body hoping it'll fix it. But the thing I need help with is

The guy swapped out the cluster ecu and key for another thinking it was the ecu. But I want to swap everything back due to the fact it reads the wrong mileage and not the gti cluster.

Now the problem, he tried to pulled the immo chip out of original ecu but failed. So if I took to chip out of the ecu in the car now and put it in the original ecu that should fix the ecu and the key should work with it. But would the cluster be okay or is they're gna have be something done? Thanks for the help!!

You can change the mileage on your current cluster using VAG commander I think and maybe mod the current cluster to put the GTI gauges? Might be easier? Just thinking

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
If the immo control modules have the same pin location and you can successfully desolder and solder the modules it should work. If the cluster circuit boards are the same you could just swaps them over.

AustinWayne

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks guys. Been awhile but foumd someone local to help. Gna have him copy the info from the old ecu to another and then swap in the original cluster and Just have a key programmed