GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

sorry if im in the wrong place but I need to find the cheapest way to replace my cat.

Notttravis707

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk5Gti
My catalytic converter went out, I need to smog the car in California before 4/22. I'm having trouble finding a cheaper route than paying a VW whatever god awful quote they want for it.how hard is it really to pass with a high flow ct and a diferent DP? How can I just find a used stock DP somewhere? I live in the Los Angeles area If anybody has any suggestions or can help.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Should be easy enough to find at a salvage yard in Los Angeles and look at classifieds here, mk6 forum and VWvortex just in case someone has one for sale nearby.

Look in your spare tire area near seat back (under floor) and look for big square sticker. Top left hand corner should tell you if you have CBFA or CCTA motor. Important as they have different downpipe/cat setups. A 2009 GTI would have a TSI motor and there were these two flavors.

Notttravis707

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk5Gti
Should be easy enough to find at a salvage yard in Los Angeles and look at classifieds here, mk6 forum and VWvortex just in case someone has one for sale nearby.

Look in your spare tire area near seat back (under floor) and look for big square sticker. Top left hand corner should tell you if you have CBFA or CCTA motor. Important as they have different downpipe/cat setups. A 2009 GTI would have a TSI motor and there were these two flavors.

You have been a gold mine of help I'll start calling scrap yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk