GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Water in rear passenger footwell

Richard210

I had the same problem and I fixed it we silicone. Removing the bumper is easy but putting it back on was a little tricky for me. But once I had my bumper off I had a small dent over the right vent. To be honest it looked like it was made like that the paint wasn't cracked from bending and there was no scratches from something hitting it. Well anyways I just put silicone where the gap was and put some all around the vent just to make sure let it dry and put everything back together. Then I tested to see if it still let water in my pouring water on top of the car with the water hose then checked to hatch compartment and there was no water so problem solved

leegf

(OO=[][]=OO)
bumping an old thread. i've heard this may be due to worn tail light gaskets; does anyone know the part number for the tail light gaskets for these cars?

thanks in advance.

Tubs75

Leek problem.... water flow?!?

Hi first post hope this hasn’t been covered somewhere else? Been reading through the various post about leeks in MK 5 golfs & think I have got to the bottom of my problem, the bulk head drain hole on the drivers side was clogged with what I can only describe as compost, I’m guessing it was parked under a tree at some point, looks like that blockage was causing water to fill over a gasket and leek water through by the peddles hence water lodged footwell... great problem solved. My question is can water run between drives footwell and passages footwell? Simultaneously the footwell behind the drivers seat became water loged too, I checked the door drain and that is flowing freely no sign of water from door card. My thought was that after the heavy rain we had the water leeked in through the bulkhead to drivers footwell & because my car is always parked on a slope the water just drain to the rear footwell too. Does this make sense to you more technical Golf owners???

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
Could be a sun roof leak. The drain hoses become misshapen and don't seal correctly. I had this occur, and the water would run inside the headliner and down the c pillar, and drain in the spare tire area.