GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Genuine VW-Audi Part Supplier Packaging

Billiam

Far Fig Newton
Car(s)
'07 GTi
Has anyone recently purchased a part at a Volkswagen-Audi Dealership Parts counter and been handed the part without packaging or a generic(no markings) clear plastic bag? VW provides all their parts suppliers with "The Manual for Genuine Parts Suppliers- A Practical Guide". This is a 67 page manual that directs suppliers to adhere to very detailed specifications for the packaging. The suppliers not only have to conform to bulk packaging policy details for delivery to Dealerships but most specifically to the packaging for individual retail parts. After reading the manual which is available online, it is my understanding an over the counter part purchased would NOT be resold by a delearship without packaging or generic packaging. Obviously there would be some excpeptions to this such as generic fasteners and such. There may also be an exception for refurbished/rebuilt or remanufactured parts. I don't know. But lets take the latest revision of the ignition coil for the MkV 2.0l and the greater derivative engines that VW-Audi specifies their latest revision of the ignition coil, part # "07K-905-715-G" sold individually, not as a 'Coil Pack'(quantity 4). Has anyone purchased the latest revision G or it's predecessor coils or coilpacks recently? I specifically want to hear from those who have purchased the coil or coilpacks over the counter at an actual Volkswagen-Audi Dealership. Were you handed the part in a VW-Audi Labeled box, Labeled and Sealed bag, Generic open plastic bag, or otherwise generic part# sticker and the part without packaging? If the latter, from my interpretation of the VAG packaging policy this is in direct violation of VAG policy. Please chime in with your experience. Again, I'm not interested in parts/packaging of refurbished, remanufactured, aftermarket, online distributor(excluding VW direct), or any distributor other than VW-Audi or the greater VAG Dearlships. Thanks for your input.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
^ This. Also this is kind of a weird thing to be bothered by.

I received OEM parts from reputable suppliers and dealers in all sorts of packaging. I never got a coil pack in one of the standard white/grey VW/Audi parts boxes, I think they come in bulk packaging as they get replaced so frequently.

As long as it was a reputable parts supplier or dealer then you got legit parts.

Billiam

Far Fig Newton
Car(s)
'07 GTi
VW isn’t in the business of selling someone else’s parts. Who cares what the packaging looks like

Agreed. It would never happen and in my experience has not. Do I care if or what the packaging looks like? Not I but apparently VW AG sure as hell does. In fact they demand it as do many manufacturers of many products. It’s not about the exact part. We all know VW relies upon suppliers to manufacture their parts. In most cases, many different suppliers for the exact same part. Nonetheless they all have VW packaging and labeling that conforms to VWs specifications. If VW is selling bulk parts without packaging then more power to them. Their doctrine says they DO NOT. My question is pretty straight forward. Has anyone bought a Genuine VW AG component or part handed to them from a VW dealership that lacked VW packaging of any sort?