GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Brake Kit V-Maxx 330mm 4 pistons

hemidesign

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mk5 Castrol 2008
Just purchase my phenomenal BBK for GTI.. the V-MAXX 330mm 4 piston for only $1,300.00

http://www.urotuning.com/V-Maxx-330mm-13-Big-Brake-Kit-Mk6-Golf-Jetta-p/20-vw330-04_mk6.htm

This thing is beautiful and powerful.... :eyebulge:

I extremely recommend.. no BS!

PS: this brake is 8 to 10lbs (left and right sides together) lighter over OEM brakes.. TRUE! WOW

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Looks great. That price is amazing.

The stock brakes are very heavy, any forged caliper will be lighter, and even rotors up to 355mm will be lighter as a two piece than the stock ones.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Who makes their caliper? It looks familiar, having a wider selection of pads would be nice.

Is the finish paint/powdercoat? Have they discolored with track use?

hemidesign

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mk5 Castrol 2008
Who makes their caliper? It looks familiar, having a wider selection of pads would be nice.

Is the finish paint/powdercoat? Have they discolored with track use?

They make their own stuff in UK.. they offer one street and one track pads..
I have no idea about discolored, got this 3 days only.. this thing is made with some strong red glossy paint.. well build for sure..

kidplatinum

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello hemidesign (Marcello),

I was curious how the kit held up. Any updates?

Also, did you install the kit or have it installed? During the install process did any issues, complaints, or concerns come up? Did you have to cut/remove anything that cannot be reversed.

I need to replace the pads and rotors on the R, and was looking at two piece rotors and quality pads. While on Urotuning's site I came across the V-Maxx kit. I contacted them, V-Maxx and they were extremely helpful and used you as a reference. Urotuning was responsive to but I had many detailed questions that really would not have been fair to ask Urotuning.

I appreciate your follow-up info if you do not mind sharing.

If anyone else picked up the kit please chime in...

Thanks in advance

Mike

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Hello hemidesign (Marcello),

I was curious how the kit held up. Any updates?

Also, did you install the kit or have it installed? During the install process did any issues, complaints, or concerns come up? Did you have to cut/remove anything that cannot be reversed.

I need to replace the pads and rotors on the R, and was looking at two piece rotors and quality pads. While on Urotuning's site I came across the V-Maxx kit. I contacted them, V-Maxx and they were extremely helpful and used you as a reference. Urotuning was responsive to but I had many detailed questions that really would not have been fair to ask Urotuning.

I appreciate your follow-up info if you do not mind sharing.

If anyone else picked up the kit please chime in...

Thanks in advance

Mike

He's not on here very much anymore, but he is a friend of mine. Install was very straightforward with no issues. They bolt up to the stock spindles nicely, if I remember correctly he had to remove the stock dust shields but I could he wrong. Nothing was irreversible for sure though. He loved these brakes and they performed great.

kidplatinum

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello Das Gespenst,

Thanks for responding!! I was on the fence about the kit as I could not find info from MkV owners. I saw a post from a Mazda Miata owner that stated some of the kits components were suspect. These were minor items...like washers and banjo bolts which can easily be replaced if you know the details.

Again, I really appreciate the feedback. I will most likely be putting in my order.

Do you by chance know what pad he went with. I was able to get V-Maxx to send me a list of compatible pads...and there was many that could be used with that kit. I was thinking EBC red stuff. If you have any thoughts on pads please share.

Thanks in advance

Mike

kidplatinum

Passed Driver's Ed
I would be interested to know how these stand up to track day abuse. When will you be able to go and provide some feedback?

I have no plans for track, but on the VMaxx official site they have a video of a guy running on the Nurburgring. Funny video cuz the guy driving is bloody horrible at it!

look awesome, I might have to look into this for the future

I was on the fence but with that price being very reasonable I am pretty sure I will pull the trigger. Rather than rebuild I will do the BBK. I asked V Maxx many questions and they always responded right away. Things like brake bias with OEM rear brakes, and proper operation with OEM braking components (master cylinder and what not). They stated all has been tested properly. The kit is TUV approved which does make me feel better that the kit has been tested.

When I ask about the manufacture they state that they manufacture all the products. I know they is highly unlikely but they insist it is true. The logo is stamped on everything even the pads. If I am honest when I lookup some of the pads I see AP and ALCON caliper fitments. I even got Austen Martin and TVR caliper fitment. Just some interesting search output.... The pad options are pretty extensive based on the list they sent me. I am considering that EBC Redstuff or the Hawk Performance HPS 5.0 variant (new version of HPS pad).