GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Loss of power

CpT OvER

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, I have seen a couple threads on this pop-up and so I figured I would go ahead and get some opinions. I have an 07 GTI and it has just 550miles on it, but when I bought it was late at night and I didn't want to spend the extra hour to go through 'make ready' as I needed to get home. I agreed to bring the car back for the detailing or 'make ready'.

Well, I drove the car for a few days abosolutely thrilled. Then I took it back for the 'make ready'. After 45 mins or so they brought my car back all shiney and I got it to drive it home and it immediantly felt different to me. I was getting near the end of a tank of gas so I thought perhaps it was that or just me being paranoid.

A couple weeks have gone by and I still feel there has been some loss of power. I keep telling myself it's in my head and perhaps I am getting used to the power, but I would like to find out for sure. I have a feeling if I take it to the dealership I won't get a straight answer. Does anybody know if 07's should have the C valve already or has anybody with a 07 had the B valve? I can't really afford VAG-COM right now, so I am asking opinions. May have been asked before, but I just wanted to get it out.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
you can really only notice if you are loosing power by boost gauge, or VAG-com.

tun tests with a local tuner and find out. with an 07 im pretty sure its in ur head, if u ever wanna meet up and compare lmk. :)

i also posted this:
yes, its a 60 dollar fix.

OEM Diverter Valve, Electronic ES#6286

Upgrade your factory "B" valve with the new & improved "C" valve

* Latest revised part number from VW & Audi

* Bolt in upgrade

* Can prevent power loss or turbo problems due to a poorly functioning unit

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd...Volkswagen&model=Golf+V&submodel=&engine=2.0T

60 dollars is well worth me not visiting my dealership.

alf

CpT OvER

Passed Driver's Ed
you can really only notice if you are loosing power by boost gauge, or VAG-com.

tun tests with a local tuner and find out. with an 07 im pretty sure its in ur head, if u ever wanna meet up and compare lmk. :)

i also posted this:

alf

Your chipped right? I would like to meet up sometime and just let you drive my car and see what you think. I could just be all in my head I definately could believe that. I just keep going back to: on my way to the dealership seemed fine, afterwards it wasn't 2 mins on the road and it seemed different.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
and yeah.. not sure I really needed to start a whole new thread on this. :iono:

lol, its ok, it happens dude. PM me with information, we could probably meet up tonight.

you can drive my car and then compare it to yours if youd like, i can drive ur car and feel it and see how it feels. ive done a few chipped/non-chipped comparisons with other mkv's in the area.

just let me know.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
we also have a dyno day tomorrow, itd be a good way to tell, 3 runs, 50 bux.

ill be manning the grill if you are hungry as well :)