GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What color will be most popular?

Which color will be most popular / best seller?

• Black

Votes: 59 31.9%
  • Red

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • White

Votes: 56 30.3%
  • Silver

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • Gray/Grey

Votes: 32 17.3%

• Total voters

drunkenmaster

Passed Driver's Ed
I think silver or black will be the most popular, those are usually the most popular colors. Even tho red and white are beautiful they're a little flashier and always seems to sell less than silver/black/gray.

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
I voted black. For some reason VW seems to be pushing the 3 colors in their press photos the most (black, red, white). Maybe these are the traditional GTI color?

101st_IanC

Autocross Newbie
I voted Black

I was undecided as I like the Steel Grey and the Shadow Blue we get in the UK..
Then I saw a photo of a Diamond Black one on Tyresmoke.Net and I had to have one..

loft

Ready to race!
For sure it will be black. Silver is getting played out. Red is THE color for the GTI, but its too flashy for some people, so even though they want it they wont get it. That leaves black as the default choice for most buyers. I bet a large majority get black.

Dude123

Oval Champion
Well, Grey is nice because it is somewhere in between Black and Silver, and it's metallic. A metallic color is always nice :)

Mainy

Ready to race!
Well I voted Silver 'cos I have a silver GTI :cool:

Its a well proven scientific fact here in the UK that the silver MK5 GTIs are the fastest as well :biggrin:

Interesting enough i voted red, allthough i really like black on black cars.
my second choice may be united or red.

most tuners seem to be using red, I think advertising that the gti is a sport(y) car and arrest me red goes hand in hand

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
GTi Fanatic said:
Interesting enough i voted red, allthough i really like black on black cars.
my second choice may be united or red.

most tuners seem to be using red, I think advertising that the gti is a sport(y) car and arrest me red goes hand in hand

I actually think that although red has been used the most by VW in their photos and all the tuners started with a red GTI, it will be the least bought out of the 3 initial colors (Black, White, Red). Red is just a bit too flashy for most consumers I think. We'll see in time of course.

Btw, love your two cars in your MyGolf garage :bow: :bow:

HGVT

Ready to race!
This is the first car where I've seen so few silver pictures. Are they not selling silver yet? All I see on here and the internet is red, black and white mostly (and some gray), but very few silvers. Is silver not popular with Golf owners :iono:

101st_IanC said:
I voted Black

I was undecided as I like the Steel Grey and the Shadow Blue we get in the UK..
Then I saw a photo of a Diamond Black one on Tyresmoke.Net and I had to have one..

I was the same as you, but my current VW is diamond black and I faniced something different to get the neighbours talking:cool: