GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dimension Difference between 2 dr and 5 dr MKV GTI???

Prost

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Car(s)
2019 VW eGOLF SEL
Hi,

I am new to here and probably getting the 5 doors GTI later this year. Does anyone knows the dimension like wheelbase, rear leg room and overall length difference between the 2dr and 5 dr? Are the space/dimension in the 5 dr the same as the Audi A3?

Thanks in advance!:bow:

GTI2007

The 3 door GTI and the 5 door GTI are both 166" long. They both have the seem wheelbase, which is 101.5 " long. The only big difference between them is the width of the doors. The 3 door version has 2 doors of 42.2" while the 5 door version has a front door of 34.4" and a rear door of 32.1". About the rear leg room in the 5 door version, normally it is the same as in the 3 door version. They both have a head room of 39.3" in the front and 38,5" in the back.

GTI2007

Kurupt-MK5 said:
most likely the same dimentions as the A3 5door

here in Belgium, the 3 door A3 and the 5 door A3 are 2 different cars. The 5 door A3 is 3.3" longer then the 3 door A3 here. While the 3 door and 5 door GTI are actually the same size

Tricky

Autocross Newbie
GTI2007 said:
The 3 door GTI and the 5 door GTI are both 166" long. They both have the seem wheelbase, which is 101.5 " long. The only big difference between them is the width of the doors. The 3 door version has 2 doors of 42.2" while the 5 door version has a front door of 34.4" and a rear door of 32.1". About the rear leg room in the 5 door version, normally it is the same as in the 3 door version. They both have a head room of 39.3" in the front and 38,5" in the back.

I bow down to your vast knowledge...seriously. Awesome info there.

:bow:

GTI2007

I made a screenshot of the comparison table of the GLI vs the GTI on Edmund. I think you don't have to that the weight of those 2 cars seriously!!

Attachments

• verschil Jetta-GTI.jpg
    verschil Jetta-GTI.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 383

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
GTI2007 said:

The door size figures how were they measured? They seem a bit small too me.

GTI2007

snoopy said:
The door size figures how were they measured? They seem a bit small too me.

they are the official measurements (front 873 mm, rear 816 mm) of the site of VW Germany. I personally think they are the inside door measurements but I'm not sure. The VW Germany site is not very clear on that point