GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

cruise control inop???

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
well, this is the second time this has happened to me. I got back in my car this evening and was driving down the road and tried to use my cruise control... Needless to say, it wasn't working!!! :frown: Cruise control switch was in the "on" position, "cruise" light was not on in the dash and cruise functions were not working... Restart my car and all functions are restored. Anyone have a similar issue or have any hunches as to the issue? :iono:

BTW, the first time I took it to my dealer, they scanned it and found no codes stored so they wouldn't do anything about it. I'm gonna take it first thing in the morning to the dealer and bring it to their attention yet again with video of it happening...

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
My cruise control stopped working when I left my hazards on for too long. I think leaving the blinker on for too long may do the same thing. Check those to make sure they didn't get turned on accidentally and then stopped the cruise from working. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's happened to me before.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Next time it does it take it right to the dealer without shutitng it off, if possible. A video won't help you. Deaelrs need to have a positive diagnosis to get paid by VW to do a repair. Could be a lot of things, including a faulty ECU or sticking brake light switch.

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
Can't really do that ^ when it happens at 8 pm... The dealer closes at 5:30...

Bikkemberg

Ready to race!
whats going on, is there some mystical events that no one is aware of, My cruise control f%$ked up also while I was on the highway just cruising... I will scan it today, might not find anything as other people have tried. I will end up taking it to the dealer. I heard however that the problem is a faulty switch in the column stalk whatever that means. But then I found this on just Answers

Cruise Control System (CCS)
Notes

Cruise Control System (CCS) functions are controlled by the Engine Control Module (ECM).

Cruise control is operated with two button blocks in the multi-function steering wheel or, on vehicles without a multi-function steering wheel, with front rocker switch in windshield washer lever.

Perform assembly work at multi-function steering wheel.
Perform assembly work on windshield wiper lever.
Cruise Control System (CCS) can be activated/ deactivated.
DTC recognition and display:
DTCs in conjunction with Cruise Control System are transmitted via Engine Control Module (ECM) and via Steering Column Electronic Systems Control Module J527.

Use Vehicle Diagnosis, Testing and Information System VAS 5051A in operating mode "Guided Fault Finding" for troubleshooting

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/questions/2fjsx-cruise-control-not-working-no#ixzz0YpiZoQ6D

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
Notes

Cruise Control System (CCS) functions are controlled by the Engine Control Module (ECM).

Cruise control is operated with two button blocks in the multi-function steering wheel or, on vehicles without a multi-function steering wheel, with front rocker switch in windshield washer lever.

Perform assembly work at multi-function steering wheel.
Perform assembly work on windshield wiper lever.
Cruise Control System (CCS) can be activated/ deactivated.
DTC recognition and display:
DTCs in conjunction with Cruise Control System are transmitted via Engine Control Module (ECM) and via Steering Column Electronic Systems Control Module J527.

Use Vehicle Diagnosis, Testing and Information System VAS 5051A in operating mode "Guided Fault Finding" for troubleshooting

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/questions/2fjsx-cruise-control-not-working-no#ixzz0YpiZoQ6D

This sounds like a bunch of jibberish to make you feel like you now know something...

Anyways, buddy brought out his VAG-COM to a little GTG today, scanned the whole car and absolutely no codes are stored, not even hard codes...