GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boosty's Build/Questions Thread

Boosty

Ready to race!
Hello everyone , i have recently joined your forums a few days ago and i haven't seen where i introduce myself as a new user but anyway... I have owned my mkv for about two weeks now and I'm moving my build thread from mfgti over to here since the mkv section there is pretty dead
I've used to own a mkiv for about 3 years , had a 3" downpipe , decatted exhaust ,lowered springs and some exterior stuff but that's as far as that went hoping to go at least stage 1 with this

2008 mkv Candy white
Time for some stock pics :)

The front end , with city lights on

The mkv tail looks so much better than the mkvi imo

[/QUOTE]

First group of packages

Gti seat handle trim
They fit nicely , good quality piece and they were ~8$ on amazon , sure they might be cheaper on eBay

Heres everything unboxed , monster mats , clear side markers , my seat handle trim , and my new badge less grill with the fog grill.
It took me a day of deliberation deciding between the jetta slate style or keep the honey comb and personally i like the honeycombs a little better , plus i feel the front end recieves more air this way

Also got a keychain :cool:

Monster mats in w/o handle trim

None of the other stuff has been put on yet still waiting on some bulbs and stuff so i can do everything at one time

[hail vw]

All my parts so far installed here's the pics :)

5000k fog bulbs and yellow ftp lights

After installing lower grills and one fog bulb , tried to get as close of a match to the headlights as possible with breaking the bank. They are pretty close however they aren't as bright as the halogen at night

I made noob mistake and bought the lower grill as well as the open fogs in package together and not the badge less upper like i wanted so instead i just painted the stripe white

The final thing i ordered was from performanceLEDs.com click the link
Led city lights , got rid of the ugly stock halogen color , so far no bulb out on the dash although on the first start up they do flicker a little

Now the lighting on the car is almost done :)

That's all so far , sorry if the pics are to big

Boosty

Ready to race!
Noticed you blacked out the plate in one picture but not the other. Welcome

Yea Lol , i was in the process of blacking the plates out but got lazy , doesn't matter anyway i plan on getting personalized plates when registration is due in November

Boosty

Ready to race!
sweet ride man! got the same one. luv the CW

Ty , honestly i wanted black or united grey but i got a good deal and at the time this one was in the best shape
Cw has grown on me

Boosty

Ready to race!
One question , i bumped a thread the other day titled "wintake"
I've been reading about intakes and i like looks of the forge wintake but wondering of they fixed the maf issue ?
There selling it on ecs and was wondering if forge has released a fix or if anyone knows how to avoid having a cel?

Boosty

Ready to race!
Sort of a big update , since I've done some things and haven't posted yet

First this box came

Then i installed it , first time ever installing an intake into my car , usually the cars i buy end up already having one so this was a first.. And I'd say cause of the size of my large hands and the space given by the inlet pipe its a 3/10 job on the difficulty scale. The only hard part was getting the clamps and hoses on correctly.
After installing it I've had some vibration upon acceleration.
Posted a thread about and did more searching but still cant seem to alleviate the issue
Here is after the install

I went with unitronic when i originally wanted a wintake but couldn't ever find out if the fuel trim and maf issues were ever fixed , didn't like the looks of bsh or pflow , for ~$380 shipped my car definitely feels faster and about 1-2 mpgs have been gained

Then i decided that new wheels were wanted but the funds weren't there yet.
So until i get the cash flow for new tires and wheels I've set to plastidipping my wheels.
Which now has become a tradition for me , my mkiv 3years ago had black wheels, my Crossfire Coupe had black , my Mini Cooper S i did black with a gold metallizer and now mkv

I had about 12 cans of white because before i ditched the project ,i was gonna pdip my mini in matte white but then i decided to hold off till spring , which then i traded the car for my gti so i figured I'd use the white to provide a better base coat for the black ..tbh i was digging the white wheels but the Denver is not the wheel i want in white.
Anyway did 2 light coats and 2 heavy coats of white. than 2 medium of black and 1 heavy final coat of black

(That's before i peeled the dip from the tires and removed the bags from the brakes )
58000- first oil change And DSG fluid change
The dsg change is pretty pricey

Gfb DV+ , new coils and spark plugs actually put those in today as in posting this.
Was waiting forever on a torque wrench i bought on eBay
This was my first time ever doing a spark plug job and to be honest wasnt that difficult , it was actually harder get the coil pack harness off coils than anything else. The shitty part was i waited two weeks for the torque wrench from eBay and when i got to doing the spark plug job i forgot to bring it with me so all the plugs ATM have been hand tightened then followed by 2/3 turn so tommorow morning i need to torque them down properly and tbh i hope it helps. Cold starts have been followed by slight trembles at red lights when I'm below operating temps.

Cylinder 3 was black on top , the other three plugs were still good , so I'm assuming this was plug that may have been causing any slight misfire , but no codes so it may just be in my head

My fuel economy seems to have jumped about 3-5 mpgs , was doing and average of 65-75 mph from Elgin to Chicago (60% in cruise control) and was getting 35-40 mpg range the whole way :thumbsup:

58200- coils and spark plugs changed

I've only gotta put the DV+ plus in and waiting for my programmer from DM .
Looking forward to stage one but i just hope the DV+ doesn't crap out on me like I've seen in some threads

Next up mods :

Downpipe w/ cat probably going to go with Eurojets
Considering EJ's FMIC as well
New wheels (eventually)
Upgrade to either OEM Euro LED tails or R32 euro tails
After all that probably stage 2

That will probably be all done by winter , unless i get a second job Lol

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
I really like the painted lowers, they look so much better than the stock plastic. I'm going to do something about that on mine once I'm done with the rear end.

Boosty

Ready to race!
I really like the painted lowers, they look so much better than the stock plastic. I'm going to do something about that on mine once I'm done with the rear end.

I was very happy to find the car with them already painted