GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Door Speakers

amir

Go Kart Champion
Been to car audio shop today and he says i would struggle to get speakers into the door at the 4" location. Anyone have any ideas?? Also what sizes are the speakers in the doors? My retailer eckons 6 1/2" At the bottom and 4" further up. Im desperate for a component system and would prefer them to be in the door at the front not at the bottom! Please help. pictures would be great!!

Icranon

Sold my GTI 4 Mustang
Car(s)
08 Mustang gt/cs
The doors have a 3 way speaker system setup. (You wont have anyproblems getting the speaker in) That means you have a tweeter for the highs, a mid range driver for the mids, and a sub for the lows. You should look at the xr653-cs from jl audio. They are extremely loud, accurate, clear, and good sounding speakers. I have those , xr650-csi, and 2 12" w7. It is the best system by far.

plac

GTI Master

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
2" of that woofer mounting depth are between the door panel and the door. You have to build up the speaker with spacers or a pod 2" high. You are looking at a very thin 4"...maybe 1"..maybe slightly more.

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
The standard 4" mid is 40mm deep iirc about 1.57" in English money. So quite a few 4" drivers should be able to fit.

Technic

Ultimate Driver's Wanted
Been to car audio shop today and he says i would struggle to get speakers into the door at the 4" location. Anyone have any ideas?? Also what sizes are the speakers in the doors? My retailer eckons 6 1/2" At the bottom and 4" further up. Im desperate for a component system and would prefer them to be in the door at the front not at the bottom! Please help. pictures would be great!!

Woofer is 7"
Mid is 4"
Tweeter is 1"

Rainbow, Focal and Hertz have 3-way component (with 6.5", 7" and 8" woofers) sets that can fit the front doors of the MKV without any metal cutting; an MDF spacer will be needed to fit the woofers. The issue is that the 4" mid speaker maximum depth cannot exceed 45mm and its magnet has to be small. Otherwise it will be required to cut the door metal to fit that speaker, not a good idea.

:w00t:

triode

Brake Late and Brake Hard
Re: 3 ways

Actual exepriance here.
Th Focal's 4" do fit with no mods, but the woofers do need a simple 1in thick mdf ring. I liked the JL Audio a lot too, but the Focal sounded more like my home stereo. A bit more detail in the high end and a more open sound.
The JL's had better bass, but I could hear each speaker....not a soundstage. In fact with only the front speaker hooked up, the Focal's are much more open sounding.
When JL comes out with their "stelth" box, that should be the next addition.

Just an important note.....DON'T LET ANY KID AT THE BIG BOX STORE TELL YOU "2 WAYS ARE FINE"

FIREBLADE

Ready to race!
I put an amp on the stock 3ways and rear door speakers, added a sub and really like the way it sounds. The stock speakers really do sound nice with more power.

bwzimmerman

Passed Driver's Ed
My mid range stock speaker stops working every now an then, I am running an AVIC-D2 headunit and think its too powerful for my stock speakers.

So Focal seems to be a good choice.. read on other sites about people liking focal.. ill have to price them out. Not looking to spend much cause I am buying a S3 K04 turbo kit for my car.. :)

triode

Brake Late and Brake Hard
Re Focal

I have standard polyglass series #165V3E
I listened to the JL's too and se why people like both. The Focal's just had a larger soundstage and sounded more like my home stereo. I dont think you could go wrong with either. They are a few decibels more effeciant too, making do without a huge amp.