GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What do you guys think of the new IS 250 Manual.. from Lexus?

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
Friend wanted me to post this so he could check back up on it and read a bit about it. Think it's worth $33k ?

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
yeah the 350 needs to come w/ the stick that would be incredible, theyre in the works of a supercar, should be badass when it makes it out

oh yeah and the new Ls...EFFING PARKS ITSELF, yeah and even paralell

Toolman

UG Owners Club UG0011
I think it is extremely underpowered.
GREAT car though. Although the 350 is an amazing machine with suitable power....I can't justify the price (higher snack-bracket than me). I still would get a new BMW 335 coupe over it any day of the week.

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
I love the looks and it's got great equipment level, you'd just think that a V6 would put some more impressive numbers down.
Not much bang for your copious amount of buck. In Oz, a base GTI is $40,000 - the IS250 is $80,000! :laugh: :confused:

Jibbly

Level 50 Ninja Pirate
If I were getting an IS, I'd put down the extra cash and get the IS350, for an extra 5k, you can have a much more powerful machine. The only issue therre is the tranny, which sucks. Toyota really should've released it with a stick. However, the IS350, even with that tranny, is a helluvalot of fun. You just have to shift about 500 RPM before you really want to shift, then you're okay. =P

However, I'd get a BMW 335 any day before this. Twin-turbo inline six. That thing is faster than an M3, even though BMW won't admit it yet.

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
lol thanks for the input. The looks of the IS looks fabulous. It has a nice sport look to it.. but for 30,000 and a underpowered V6.. personally i'd still take a GTI over it. But indeed the twin turbo 335 is just beaut. BMW is stepping up their lower class cars :biggrin:

For you guys in OZ.. WHOA!:eek: Double the price..:confused: