GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No more window trick

destroyboredom

Autocross Newbie
After a week of ownership I'm noticing som differences between the MKV and my old MKIV.

1. You can no longer hold they key in the door to open and close the windows.
2. Having no physical locks (push pin/knob) is pretty strange.

The second is obviously not a big deal, but I used to use the window feature alot in my MKIV and will miss it.

destroyboredom said:
After a week of ownership I'm noticing som differences between the MKV and my old MKIV.

1. You can no longer hold they key in the door to open and close the windows.
2. Having no physical locks (push pin/knob) is pretty strange.

The second is obviously not a big deal, but I used to use the window feature alot in my MKIV and will miss it.
#1 Been covered numerous times on here.
#2 Everything is electrical now, including the Recirculating Air Button. It doesn't always stay on. Also, haven't tried it, but I don't think the button work on the inside if armed with the remote. If they do, that's stupid because all you need to do it just push the button on the door to unlock.

Jerome81

Autocross Newbie
The dealership showed me the windows thing last weekend. I will also vouch for it still being there.

We're talking putting the key into the door and holding, correct? NOT, holding the unlock or unlock button on the remote fob?

destroyboredom

Autocross Newbie
Correct. I had no problem doing it on my MKIV so I can't imagine I'm doing something wrong. I wonder if there's a possible setting for it in the computer or something?

Jerome81 said:
The dealership showed me the windows thing last weekend. I will also vouch for it still being there.

We're talking putting the key into the door and holding, correct? NOT, holding the unlock or unlock button on the remote fob?

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Better take the car back to the dealership because your car should do that. My car does that. One of the cool features I love about this car.

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
Me too... i can open/close the windows using the remote....

about #2, as you said its no big deal, you'll get used to it

MK5001

Passed Driver's Ed
same here i can use it with #1

with #2 i have a switch press up and down to open all door .....

jesterjay

Drag Racing Champion
Not only can I do the key in the door trick, I had the remote changed to do the lock/unlock with holding the buttons.....real cool. I guess you can do that with most VW's, most people just never did it

h82bslo

Autocross Newbie
i'm able to open and close the windows using the key from the outside. but have not yet programmed the car to remotely open and close windows.

feuerdog

Touring Car Newbie
earthtoandy said:
its in your computer....

just go into setup mode and then down to convenience. then go to convenience mode and select the "all" option

It can be done with the vag-com too, there are lots of other things you can set as well. Fogs as DRL's, Horn/alarm arm beep etc.

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
destroyboredom said:
Correct. I had no problem doing it on my MKIV so I can't imagine I'm doing something wrong. I wonder if there's a possible setting for it in the computer or something?
I think there is an aouto door lock option in the setup using the steering wheel. Might have something to do with it not working. I use my key to auto up the windows and sunroof all the time on my mkv

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
works on mine via the remote. only dum thing about it is having to hold your button down for about 5 seconds. id prefer a full closure with just one tap.