GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steering wheel VW emblem scratched.

Maximum6

FASTER
I would like to try the ebay emblem out...

however, i'm not gonna attempt to use a screw driver to pry it out...unless I see someone else with pictures or video doing it.

Also ...how is it stuck onto the steering wheel?

went to their website and found the "air bag cover"
http://www.myairbags.com/merchandise.php?cat=5&subcat=112

matteo716

Muddy GTI guy
Car(s)
2008 GTI
my entire emblem on the wheel looks like a flat grey now. all the shiney has been worn off somehow :/

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
Click on it and the video will play. The company who is selling these is salvaging them somehow. The tabs to connect the emblem are bent back and have tool marks on them. Nothing that can't be worked with, but definitely not a new product. Super minor signs of wear on the face. It was shipped very fast and packaged well.

However I would buy this again at triple the cost. Actually thinking about buying one or two more and keeping them for myself and the people I meet in the future with damaged steering wheels.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Is this what you got?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-JETTA-ST...-VOLKSWAGEN-DRIVERS-SIDE-EMBLEM-/171036943341

I contacted the seller and they said it would not fit on the MKV Gti. Were you able to fairly easily remove your roiginal and fit this one perfectly?

Click on it and the video will play. The company who is selling these is salvaging them somehow. The tabs to connect the emblem are bent back and have tool marks on them. Nothing that can't be worked with, but definitely not a new product. Super minor signs of wear on the face. It was shipped very fast and packaged well.

QUOTE]

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
I have not replaced it yet. It will be tricky to do so and I haven't looked into it fully. It is the same size and seems to be an exact match from what I can see so far. I will take some more pictures as I do the swap. My car is at a buddies shop and I only work on it once a week or so. Not sure why the seller said it wouldn't fit. VW doesn't make multiple versions of their components very often unless it's very necessary. I bet the ebay store clerk didn't want to chance it considering it says jetta.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I took a chance and ordered one. For $7 it's worth a shot.